Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: MARS  (Read 8406 times)

bangbang

MARS
« on: August 06, 2012, 06:49:53 am »
Do you think anything will be gained by landing on Mars?
Or have we found another planet to polute?.....we've already left trash on the Moon
Our upper atmosphere is filled with dead satalites.

Money spent on these missions I think should be spent cleaning up the mess on this
planet, as for looking for life, we still have a lot of it on this planet to fix.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:42:08 am by Bangbang »

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
Re: MARS
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:47:33 am »
When is the mars landing happening ?
I do find the other planets and stars fascinating. Wish I could find a website (that idiots understand :innocent: )
that tells you when events up there are going to happen like meteor showers and planets that are visible at certain times. Better still they could email you with" this is happening tonight" messages :excited: .

But I do agree with you a lot more care should be taken of this planet and the things on it and I still don't think we know everything about our home yet.   

The attitude in genial is why clean up this one when we can just go find another one to F**k up. There we go I've got my cynical head back on ::) .

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 08:33:46 am »
Have you ever watched the film Wall-E? It maybe a kids film but quite a thought provoking veiw of the future. All the humans have left earth as its no longer habitable because of all the rubbish then they send robots down to look for signs of life. It made me think of this when I heard about the Mars landings this morning.

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:42:05 am »
I heard Mac'donalds and Tesco are looking to expand on to Mars.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

the great composto

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 10:36:17 am »
What an amazing technical feat though.  :excited: Go humans!  go humans!

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 11:01:51 am »
They said on the news that some European countries are hoping to do a similar thing, but how on earth can they afford it when the EU is in crisis? It makes my blood boil to be honest. What REAL good did landing on the moon do, apart from giving someone the excuse to make the film Apollo 13 which is probably my all time favourite!
If anyone's NOT seen it, then please do, its absolutely fantastic!

robert waddell

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 11:13:58 am »
Teflon coated pans were a spin off  of the space programme  now where would the house wife be without there non stick pans
it could dispel the flat earth theory that is if they believe the pictures
why spend billions when we have nothing to pay it with   oh i forgot what will all these guys with white jackets do then   they will just need to scrape a living like the vast number of people that have no option and no cushie job with a pension at the end
in the early sixty's it was a race to the moon the first country there was effectively controlling the world   that is another spin off spies in the sky :farmer:

the great composto

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 11:26:23 am »
Just imagine if we had stopped innovating and exploring in the 1800's there would be no Amish community  - we would all be it!
And before anybody says that would probably be better............  dont.

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 01:45:15 pm »
Progress happens. if there is evidence of life on Mars it will be used for something. if there is no evidence of life on Mars it will be used for something!

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 04:30:40 pm »
complete and utter waste of money. >:(
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 04:32:03 pm »
deep fried in batter please!!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 05:23:13 pm »
I knew nothing about the landing on Mars that happened today but....My box set of Life on Mars arrived this morning (ordered specially to get me through hours of ironing) Personally, I think its a sign.  :excited:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 07:52:55 pm »
The way to look at it, if we don't spend money on this sort of stuff, we would still be throwing rocks at the moon. When Columbus asked for some cash to find a new world, he could have been told NO.  He got the cash and they all got rich. Hundreds of years later people started thinking of a place called CERN (what a waste of money that will be), but without CERN this forum would not be here because there would be no WWW that's why we need to do this stuff.
rob
ps: Apologies for the rant
I am going to live the dream

deepinthewoods

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 08:29:36 pm »
theve done it for the future mining rights.
there is a very real plan to 'net an asteroid'  solely for its mineral value. i shall hunt the link out presently
this is where all our google money goes
.http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2112996,00.html
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:38:18 pm by deepinthewoods »

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 06:34:25 am »
If we stop throwing rocks at the moon  I will have to find another hobby,  :excited:  who will take over the crater making then? :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS