Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sorry folks I need to moan....  (Read 14319 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: Sorry folks I need to moan....
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 03:31:56 pm »
while i was visiting mum and dad my dad was trying to explain to me how some scientifit were declaire it is going to be colder alround , I couldn't understand this point of view myself but dad was trying his best to explain it.
Linz
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 05:33:30 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2009, 04:50:40 pm »
I thought we were having global warming? I sort of understand this now as it's going to get warmer everywhere else and we just get the floodings from the poles melting...:&>

HappyHippy

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2009, 05:37:55 pm »
Hey Ho, I've had snow !
Well ok, not really snow  ;) but definately sleet and hailstones ! In between the rain, sun and gales !  :o

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 06:05:33 pm »
Me too!  Sun, sleet, rain, wind - one after the other and sometimes together!  Can I go home now please? ;) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rainyplace

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2009, 06:29:02 pm »
Annie
Whats happening at the mo in them thar hills?
The lad will probably be tucking into his supplies by now, noodles,nuts and choccy biscuits.
Jo

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2009, 06:54:34 pm »
It's OK - sunny now and warming up a bit, just off out with dogs as we've all been confined to barracks for the day!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 04:07:06 pm »
After a nice walk yesterday slipping around on all the mud, today, the sun is out, wounderful, I may get out of my wellies!!!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 08:01:37 am »
After a week of wonderful sunshine we had HAIL

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 11:58:44 am »
sunny here today and yesterday. Problem is you don't know what to wear!  Global Warming - HUH!! Global warm/cold/wet/dry-ing

sandy

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 12:32:14 pm »
The sun is out but I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezin :(

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2009, 01:07:40 pm »
yesterday was lovely - today started off the same, now we have freezing east instead of west winds :&>

Lizmar

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Carrick on Suir - Tipperary Ireland
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 01:15:33 pm »
The weather over here has been lovely since before the weekend, everyone is slightly shocked as it rained right through last summer.  Mind you there is still time.

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 03:13:00 pm »
Still no rain here although they keep forecasting it, but its blowing a hooley!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 03:40:42 pm »
I've just been sitting out in the sun with a glass of elderflower and lemonade, with the dogs too hot to run about, just lolling beside me or paddling in the burn

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 03:48:46 pm »
another glorious day here in Linlithgow.

sadly i'm busy in the office today, so haven't been able to get outside - unlike yesterday where i spent most of the day there

I put up the new tent last night, just to give it a dry run before we go off anywhere camping in it, and it's lovely and toasty in there this morning, i'm actually thinking it might make a good wee polytunnel to extend the season a wee bit as it's roasting inside it today!!!

the dog is once again flat out on the newly laid foundations. every now and again he moves into the shade of the hedge, but comes back out a few minutes later. I've just taken him out a big bowl of water so he doesn't have to come back in for a drink.

i've got the hose on now, the raised beds are looking very dry - so a wee top up to keep the tatties and root veg seeds going.

great weather for the chilli/pepper plants though - they are all looking very nice in the greenhouse just now, the hot cherries and "sainsbury" british red chillis are even starting to flower now - so i'm looking forward to my first crop of chillis - my 1st from seed, so i'm delighted!

i love days like this, you can almost watch the plants growing! few good days of watering followed by plenty heat to bring them on. fantastic!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS