Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sorry folks I need to moan....  (Read 14321 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Sorry folks I need to moan....
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 09:24:52 am »
He'll be OK, rainyplace.  It was raining beside the Ochils, it has stopped and there's been a wee bit of sunshine.  Forecast is to get better.  So you may not need the aga on to dry him out on his return ;) ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 10:50:26 am »
Raining here today!!

sandy

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 10:51:34 am »
Well, the Ducks will be happy :&>[move] :&>[/move]

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 11:46:02 am »
shhhhhhhhhhh....... it's stopped rainning for about 20mins so far and i can see blue sky

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 11:56:17 am »
We had a downpour a few mins ago - a REAL downpour.  Chicken and duck pens are just inches deep in water.  Off to buy a load of sharp sand so me and the kids can get them sorted this weekend.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 12:20:49 pm »
I find the storms even more unsettling than the showers - at least I've not put the greenhouse glass in yet, some folks had to pick up the pieces...wonder if it's worth the effort. Please reassure me someone from a windswept area! :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 12:26:54 pm »
Sorry, Kirsten, can't reassure you - we lived on a moderately windy croft, bought an aluminium one, brand new, put it inside a dog run so it couldn't blow away, it had double thickness polycarb windows.  One really stormy night it literally blew apart and ended up in our field - up over the top of the 6ft dog run, over the four foot barbed wire fence and a mangled heap in the middle of the field.  But there ahd been a severe weather warning that night  ::)

Rainyplace

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 12:31:11 pm »
Thanks for the updates Annie. The lad departs at 4pm. Waterproofs at the ready, mind you to look at the bag he is carrying he looks like he is off for a month!
Jo

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 12:35:20 pm »
the worst thing so far flying and landing inches from my car  one night last year was the 8 feet trampoline...:&>

Rainyplace

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 12:38:37 pm »
yup seen a few of those taking to the skies over the last few days.
Jo

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 12:59:02 pm »
Thanks for the updates Annie. The lad departs at 4pm. Waterproofs at the ready, mind you to look at the bag he is carrying he looks like he is off for a month!
Jo

We've just had a huge downpour so very wet underfoot, but rain's been off for a while now and sun is trying to come through.  Hope he has fun.  Mine both did their D of E when youngsters - good for them. ;D

HappyHippy

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 01:58:44 pm »
We had torrential rain all day yesterday and the day before and REALLY high winds too - all the garden furniture has rearranged itself ! Today's still windy and showery but we're getting 30 second glimpses of the sun every now and again - just enough to stop me getting too depressed  ;)  ;D
Roll on the 'summer' at least it'll be warmer rain that falls on us  ::)

sandy

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 02:58:48 pm »
Now who is messing about? I am sittig here with dripping hair just after a short pop into the shop's, so, I decided to lite a fire, with the help of Ben picking the logs for me, now the fire is going, the sun is out, or is it? I am confused.com, roll on the winter we know where we are then, mild!!!!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 03:10:58 pm »
it's not right, is it! May used to be the best month here and the summer quite lousy (except my first summer here 1996 when I was highly pregnant and it was roasting in June, thought this was normal!!!). Storms belong into March and November. If things are changing, can we have some heat as it was promised by some forecasters, please ! :&>

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 03:15:25 pm »
The forecasters are forecasting a very hot summer but all I will say is remember their forecast for last year - it was meant to be an "Indian Summer". as if!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS