Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Black Welsh Mountain sheep  (Read 10192 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Black Welsh Mountain sheep
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 06:05:41 pm »
SS, we were there too.  We don't keep Black Welsh but only live a few minutes down the road, hence they invited us. Cliff is also the local huntsmaster.
Pity I didn't know you were there.
Sally
That's a shame.  I guess that shows there is a need for a TAS identifier though please not a T-shirt.  OH was the lady having her first go ever at trimming a show ewe in the hands of a very patient tutor.  She also bought me the shepherd's stick in the auction. 

The Pembs show has never been cancelled in the 30 years I've been going because it's held on the runway and taxiways of the airfield.  They used to leave rwy 09/27 open during the show but closed outright this year to provide additional hard standing.

Fronhaul

• Joined Jun 2011
    • Fronhaul Farm
Re: Black Welsh Mountain sheep
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 08:01:31 am »
Only the showjumping was cancelled at Llandeilo.  The sheep and cattle were wading through the mud and I am still trying to clean up but it was fun.

Martletwy is great fun.  Not a huge show but a good atmosphere and if last year is anything to go by there will be a fair number of sheep there.  We are taking blacks.  Just been over to Edward Williams (the chairman of the society) with a couple of my lambs for him to assess and he very kindly trimmed a ram lamb for me and also relocated his horns which was a fascinating experience.  And the help I receive from Edward really shows just how supportive the breed society is.

And arrgh we were even sitting quite close to you at lunch at the open day although husband was feeling pretty unwell and at least we didn't give you his bug.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS