Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What coop?  (Read 7564 times)

kegs

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Bedfordshire
Re: What coop?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 01:51:15 pm »
and have just made a wheeled 6x4 hen house for less then £20.

Can you tell us how please?  :wave:

the great composto

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 02:12:25 pm »
This was my coop using a freecycle shed that had rotted round the bottom edge - definately less than 20.00.

The base was made from pallet wood with a vinyl offcut on top for easy cleaning.

The nest boxes were inside the door for easy access and I eventually put it on 'stilts'.

Its all wrong for red mites hiding places but I still havent had any.

kegs

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 04:55:30 pm »
Good recycling.  :thumbsup:

anderso

• Joined Jan 2012
  • brokenbrough
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 01:55:23 am »
Hi to all - I did it by getting some site hording boards 8X4 already painted from a local wood recyclers in Chippenham, and using some pallets i had along with the hinges
when the revolution comes it will be a co-op

smallholder in the city

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Lincolnshire
    • HootersHall
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 01:03:58 pm »
We have the big Solway hen ark. We've not had a problem with condenstion and it's very easy to clean out. We also have a wooden ark but all chickens have decided to move into the Solway one and just use the wooden one as a very large nest box (they also use the nest boxes in the Solway one).

The only modification we had to make was to put a bit of elastic cord on to the lever that opens and shits the pops to keep the pop hole open because the chickens like to congregate on the roof and kept accidently shutting it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS