Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: mutton  (Read 5547 times)

country soul

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: mutton
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 09:49:21 pm »
thanks to all who replied in such a positive manner.I wasnt so bold in the end i took the ewe and some lambs to the abbatoir and they offered to buy the said beast so i sold it to them. but I will have to give mutton a try some other time.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 10:14:00 pm »
thanks to all who replied in such a positive manner.I wasnt so bold in the end i took the ewe and some lambs to the abbatoir and they offered to buy the said beast so i sold it to them. but I will have to give mutton a try some other time.

picking up half an animal on wednesday. shoulder going to be minced with all the trimmings and the leg will be slow roasted for sunday roast a week tomorrow. fine eating to be sure. any help needed just let us know!  :thumbsup:
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 12:26:08 am »
Do NOT eat this any sheep over 3 years of age that have suffered with mastitis require serious testing.tasting
But if you message me your details ie location contact number im sure i could do all the testing tasting for you. :innocent:
Sorry but i cant offer any real advice but i love mutton

Personally I've never heard of the above Happy Larry - Sorry if I'm wrong but if she was like that she'd go in with the Barren ewes & off to slaughter or the cull markets as people will still pay good money for her there if your worried about her tasting funny - although its ideal for her to go with at least another animal whichever way - taste wise possibly slow roast & stew / casserole the meat or if worse comes to wear she'll feed the pets for a while if you've got cats & dogs x

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 08:35:08 am »
I thought it was a joke on the words tasting/testing ......or did I get that wrong :-)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 08:44:56 am »
No, I suspect , the same as you , that it was a joke.  :innocent:  what you're forgetting is the fact that some people have to have an appointment before they will see a joke,  ;D  (that was one by the way) or ,in extreme cases , a humour transplant . Donor organs are rare. :D

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 07:50:09 pm »
Lets face it: if you sold it as a cull it'd end up in a kebab anyway. Might as well be the maker of that kebab. :yum:

happy larry

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 10:08:41 pm »
shropshirelass,firstly welcome to the forum,im sure you will enjoy it on here. have some fun were all bonkers on here,it was intended as a joke as lach and tiz stated,(no dig intended) the more you get involved in the forum the more you will get to know how others tick.BUT credit where credit is due my reply took 2 pages before you  picked it up :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:15:52 pm by happy larry »

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 12:09:44 am »
No thats fine Harry lol I wasn't sure because of the way it read x

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 05:43:39 pm »
Shame you didn't benefit.  I would have thought the fact that they wanted to buy it suggests it is good meat to eat.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS