Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Freezing Lamb to sell to the end consumer  (Read 2635 times)

Riverside21

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Dorset
Freezing Lamb to sell to the end consumer
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:55:14 am »
 Hi guys,

Firstly, what a great website! It's amazing to see so many helpful posts.

I'm relatively new on the scene when it comes to keeping sheep. I have a small flock of pedigree Hampshire Downs and another small flock of Suffolk x Mules. I was just wondering if there’s any information on what regulations there are regarding freezing lamb to sell on to friends and family? I can't find anything on the DEFRA website. If someone could put me in the right direction that would be great!
Thanks in advance

Haylo-peapod

• Joined Mar 2012
Re: Freezing Lamb to sell to the end consumer
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 04:49:57 pm »
There are a couple of old threads on the forum - both entitled 'selling meat' - that might give you a couple of pointers.  If I knew how I would post the links to them...

Hope you find what you need. If you find out any new information perhaps you could share it with the forum?

Happy researching!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Haylo-peapod

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 07:45:50 pm »
Thanks Plums, I didn't think to copy the address from the top of the page - D'oh!

Now it's dawned on me how to do it, here's another thread  ;D

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=12313.msg122196#msg122196

Riverside21

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Dorset
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 11:35:17 am »
Thankyou very much everyone!  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS