Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: YORKSHIRE SHOW RAINED OFF  (Read 3754 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
YORKSHIRE SHOW RAINED OFF
« on: July 10, 2012, 07:47:41 pm »
Yorkshire is definately cancelled due to conditions, just saw on FB :(
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:50:13 pm by tizaala »

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: YORKSHIRE SHOW RAINED OFF
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 08:16:18 pm »
What a shame, it must be heartbreaking after all that effort.  :(

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 08:37:34 pm »
Oh no  :o That's such a shame  :(
But I'm so glad I didn't leave my ill babies and ansty pigs to head down - would have been doubly dissapointed.
Karen x

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:40:01 pm »
i got that update as well
spoke to my friend who is there at the moment....... she knew nothing about it being cancelled at that point
such a shame

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 08:42:00 pm »
Its just awful, so much effort, time, energy, hopes and dreams all kaput thanks to the great british weather  :(

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 10:48:19 pm »
well just back from the show        there will be various reasons why it was cancelled       several locals that go spent 4 hours driving from one attendant to another with no idea  where the parking was      don't know what like it was to get to the show did the travelling into it one year never again            tonight they have a dozer levelling the parking field on the left as you drive in               the car parking on the golf course on the hill  was little patches of green with slurry connecting it        the majority of the pig showing did take place     but that area was slurry and the show rings were just as bad       the Cossack horsemen kept performing in the monsoon   while everybody else sheltered       must be different rain in Scotland as the water at the highland  did not stop it :farmer:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 09:44:50 am »
Saw the dozer on the local news dragging horseboxes out, it looked like a world war 1 battlefield.
They said even 4x4 were stuck as the slurry like mud just bunged up the tyre treads turning them into slicks!
Really disappominted not have been able to come and see you Robert & Lill and eveyonelese that i know would have been there, at least all back home safe and sound.
Driffield for us next week but what will the weather bring over the next few days? ??? :fc:
Mandy :pig:

RaisinHall Tamworths

• Joined May 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 01:16:54 pm »
Dried up really well today, been to get caravan and went round the pig area and that had dried enough for me to just have shoes on, no wading through mud

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 02:35:28 pm »
2012 Great Yorkshire Show cancellation to cost around £2m not good but should off been canceld sooner as the Scottish folk was dawn sunday and booked 3 days accommodation.

robert waddell

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 02:44:43 pm »
and you never came to see us even with a scottish banner up :farmer:

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 02:51:33 pm »
Got there  sunday afternoon went sunday tea time  never got there bill £230
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:53:19 pm by Victorian Farmer »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS