Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Incubators  (Read 15080 times)

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Incubators
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 12:20:35 pm »
If I have a humidity problem I put a bit of soaked sponge in to give it a boost. Try the practical poultry forum site, they seem to cover every eventuallity on poultry and some will have had the same problem with auto incys.

rustyme

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 12:31:40 pm »
If there is a shallow dish for the water ,top it up from the start with warm water .You could also give a little spary one or twice a day ,with tepid water from a mister type spray thingy..... In my home made incubator the water tray was directly above the heat supply , as in the old paraffin greenhouse heaters !, so had no problems with it . I never had a humidity tester either ! just a thermometer . The main things you don't want are totally dry or dripping wet , somewhere inbetween would be fine . I personally would just use it as you have it now 33% plus the odd spray as needed, it should work out fine. Hope that helps  :)

Russ

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 03:48:03 pm »
Cheers - will give it another go this evening then......and then bung the eggs in and hope for the best.  Its all a bit trial and error I guess. ::)
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Guy

• Joined Feb 2008
  • East Devon
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 09:39:09 pm »
we had the same sort of troubles with ours , but on reflection as long as the basic environment is correct it should work - dont forget when a hen sits on her eggs , she doesnt use a thermometer etc , but the basic conditions are there to incubate - we are less presice with ours now , but have not noticed any fall in hatching rates :) - good luck
relax and enjoy life - let others do the worrying

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS