Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goats - escape to the country  (Read 6554 times)

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
Re: Goats - escape to the country
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 12:04:10 pm »
Hate those sort of programmes.Thats how the country got into such a mess in the first place..people being encouraged to buy properties as investments instead of HOMES.They all seem to want to commute not live or work in the country and go for fancy stuff like alpaca's and pygmies instead of farming their land with working animals not pets.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 09:11:51 pm »
Ah hem - I work in the country, live in the country and have pygmy's along with my sheep - please don't knock the lovely wee pygmy they keep me sane  :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 10:22:30 pm »
Generally I agree with JJ. Brucklay, at least you work in the country too  :-*

As for sanity brought about by any sort of goat keeping, it seems to me it must be a very relative term  :innocent:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 11:32:40 pm »
As for sanity brought about by any sort of goat keeping, it seems to me it must be a very relative term  :innocent:
Now why did that make me laugh out loud...???:eyelashes: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS