Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Jersey house cow  (Read 3323 times)

Gwanwyn

• Joined Jul 2012
Jersey house cow
« on: July 09, 2012, 08:35:06 pm »
Hi,
I just wanted to flag up that after 36 years of keeping a house cow on my smallholding in Anglesey, north Wales, I have decided to retire and give up keeping cattle.  As a consequence, I will have an in-calf Jersey house cow available for sale ( born 2007, 4th calver, Calving date is 1st August, AA).

She might be suitable for someone just starting off with a house cow. She is quiet to hand milk, easy to catch and manage, a smallholder's cow not a herd animal.

If anyone wants further details, or wants to see her, you can e-mail me.

N.B. Will need to arrange the required TT Test before she could be moved.

** NOW SOLD **
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 03:54:21 pm by Dan »

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Jersey house cow
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 01:03:31 pm »
I have kept milking goats on our smallholding for 36years too .....I am sure it will seem strange to you not to have a cow around the place!!

I absolutely adore jersey cow milk - and years ago was well known for not being able to wait,and scooping a mugful of delicious milk straight from the milking pail!!!  I was heartrbroken when my Uncle sold the cow, and I lost my milk supply :D   I vowed to get another Jersey house cow, but have not fulfilled my dream.

I wonder if I could persuade my husband to travel to Wales .....!!!!

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 04:07:51 pm »
I want her, don't think he'll let me have her!

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 06:28:59 pm »
I would also love a jersey but no way him indoors would let me. To be fair the house purchase is only due to go through on the 27th so may be putting the cow before the house or whatever that expression is!

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:32:48 pm »
I'm tempted, but I'm in south wales and I don't have transport sorted for a cow yet  :-[

TheCaptain

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 11:14:30 pm »
Do it! this sounds like an awesome opportunity for someone looking to get a cow! you'll never look back!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS