Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Buying a spinning wheels  (Read 21839 times)

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
Re: Buying a spinning wheels
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2012, 01:15:58 pm »
Hehe, yep of course you can borrow mine. Will show you how to use it on Friday. Really must buy some more tops!

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 03:28:31 pm »
Who's making you throw stuff out? Why shouldn't you be a pack rat if you want to be? What's it got to do with anyone else?  >:( Seems to me the only person who could/should have a view is your other half and even then, only if he finds he can't actually get into bed or sit down for stuff  ;)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2012, 04:50:12 pm »
Who's making you throw stuff out? Why shouldn't you be a pack rat if you want to be? What's it got to do with anyone else?  >:( Seems to me the only person who could/should have a view is your other half and even then, only if he finds he can't actually get into bed or sit down for stuff  ;)
Well said  :thumbsup:

Sounds to me like MIL is rather judgemental and busibodying ... worse faults than some, some may say! (I of course am not judgemental so have no view on this.   ;) ::))
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Welshcob

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2012, 10:19:51 pm »
I agree completely with both of you Jaykay and Sally!

I bit my tongue this time because I really really want that wheel! The things you wouldn't do for a hobby you love  :o

Once it's in my hands, it's up to me what I do in my house - and you are right also re. OH. In fact, he's so organised that if I'm nice to him he tidies my own mess ehe  :eyelashes:

:wave:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2012, 07:08:04 am »
Lol, sounds like you have things well in hand  ;) Keep training that man  :thumbsup:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2012, 09:46:26 am »
Can I borrow him Welshcob?  ;D ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Welshcob

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2012, 03:19:14 pm »
[Can I borrow him Welshcob?  ;D ;D]

;D lol

You might find that is better to do your own tidying or you risk not finding the stuff ever again!! Most times he'll do it for me but then quizzing him to figure out where everything went is *almost* as tiring as tidying myself  ::)
Just need to make sure he doesn't go too close to my yarn stash  ;)

:wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS