Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rant....  (Read 11766 times)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Rant....
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 12:49:47 pm »
Given all this weeks shenanigans i thought it was just something in the water north of the border! ;D
But agree Plums its the weather its getting everyone down
Jam making is a good idea a very sunshiny job! Might bake this afternoon thats a feel good job too! something chocolatey yum!
Peace & love everyone!
mandy  :pig: 

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 01:18:56 pm »
I cannot tell you how upsetting I have found this week. Dan and I have spent a lot of time trying to get these forums "right" and frankly, this week has felt like people coming into MY HOME looking for a fight.

Indeed, I think I'd now ask people to use that as the benchmark "Would you behave like this in our home?" If the answer is no, then don't post it; if the answer is "yes" then be prepared to be removed from our guest list.

robert waddell

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 01:21:04 pm »
in a way the three are conected          it is just one of these things that forums have a nack of diversifying
yes it is about breastfeeding  with the link to faceplant  but posts have now been removed    i would suspect to protect TAS
well faceplant will not bother me i just dont do it  and if anybody wants to talk or write about me  then they are leaving some other poor sod alone :farmer:

robert waddell

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 01:25:35 pm »
i am in complete agreement rosemary    it is funny how some try to be helpfull and give advice  and impart knowledge and others just want your head on a pole

i can see it turning into any posts being very patronising  or no posting at all  :farmer:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 01:28:25 pm »
i am in complete agreement rosemary    it is funny how some try to be helpfull and give advice  and impart knowledge and others just want your head on a pole

i can see it turning into any posts being very patronising  or no posting at all  :farmer:

I think most folk can manage to post in a helpful and friendly way without being patronising.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 01:32:49 pm »
Well said Rosemary,
Getting back to breastfeeding, my mum had three strapping boys , ( 10.25 lb, 10.o lb &10.25 lb ) she breast fed us all  1937-1946, not a lot of choice then , but with me , the youngest, she got thrown off a bus because of it, mind you I was 18 ! ( better stick the smilie on before folks take me serious ) :innocent:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 01:45:16 pm by tizaala »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 02:10:14 pm »
but with me , the youngest, she got thrown off a bus because of it, mind you I was 18 ! ( better stick the smilie on before folks take me serious ) :innocent:

;D ;D ;D

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 03:13:45 pm »
Tiz, you do cheer people up ;D

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 03:59:04 pm »
I was born in 1945 and there wasn't many breasts about, as there had been a big war going on.

I quickly learned how to bang a couple of holes in a tin of Nestles condenced milk and help myself.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 04:33:06 pm »
 ;D ;D

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 04:45:31 pm »
I was born in 1945 and there wasn't many breasts about, as there had been a big war going on.

I quickly learned how to bang a couple of holes in a tin of Nestles condenced milk and help myself.

:thumbsup: ;D

Nice to see a man's perspective on breastfeeding.  Must have been a shock when you reached the sex education bit in life though..... ;)

Also to say also disappointed in recurring bickering; take it off-line, use facebook even (I don't have an account - and I don't think anyone over the age of 30 should..... but of course just my opinion:  if its personal keep it personal, please)
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 05:15:01 pm »
a mans perspective on breastfeeding?? well i have fed my daughter since she was born,due to her mothers illness. she was premature by 8 weeks and only 1lb 7oz, yep you read that right. she was in itu for 3months and sent home with me at 4lb. for obvious reasons i couldnt breast feed her but what i used to do was bottlefeed her skin to skin so she could hear my heartbeat. i think thats the key to successful feeding, proper body contact and closeness, shes now 12 and 5ft 2 and 6stone of pure muscle and beats me up regularly.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 05:21:28 pm »
 ;D   ;D   ;D   :thumbsup:

You're a star.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 06:52:01 pm »
shes now 12 and 5ft 2 and 6stone of pure muscle and beats me up regularly.

Good to know she knows how to treat a bloke - you've done a great job  ;D

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
    • Somerset Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 10:10:06 pm »
Thank you all for your lovely kind words and experiences....  :wave: I have to admit I was gobsmacked. I am not the argumental type and could never understand the hype around Facebook causing problems between people until now. I have used it for 7 years to keep in touch with friends in Australia and Scotland successfully but last night's experience has led me to question whether I actually NEED Facebook and I concluded pretty quickly that the answer is a firm NO! LOL! So I have deactivated my account.
I was a VERY happy mum bottle feeding which is something my son's father and I discussed with the midwife prior to birthing and in my particular situation we all agreed that bottle was best in this instance. Having been diagnosed with Chronic Post Traumatic Stress we all felt that the potential stress and uncertainty regarding the guaranteed success of breastfeeding was not conducive to my health as a new mum. My son slept through the night from day one, put on weight well and is very healthy...NINE YEARS ON!!!.
I also applaud women who do breastfeed and more so the women who breastfeed first and successfully move to formula despite, in cases, pressure to 'keep at it'.
I think the whole debacle was more to do with the person's particular strong views on an issue she is heavily involved in and I didn't fit into that ideal so I had to be publically flogged... didn't Hitler have a similar regime way back when! LOLOL! Miaow!
Anyway, I hope the TAS Forum stays friendly...I like it here and everyone seems so nice, supportive and helpful.
Rosemary... my rant wasn't about anyone on here if that's what you were thinking... I just had a bee in my bonnet and needed to see it in writng to get it out of my system!  :)
From 3 to 30 and still flocking up!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS