Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What make of hurdles are these?  (Read 7667 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: What make of hurdles are these?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 09:31:22 pm »
I use those bits of rebar with a hooked end to hold tape on building sites
Dare I ask if there are a lot of building site with tape but no spikes? :-J

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 11:47:27 pm »
Probably!

Round here contractors seem to sprinkle kit around like confetti.  I reckon when something's been abandoned for a month they aren't coming back for it, but other people are a lot faster.  We got some of those orange safety barriers which had been left for over three months.  Even when you drive past every day it takes a while to get round to hooking up a trailer.

Now I think about it there's a diversion sign just round the corner that was put up before Xmas.  But what do I need it for?  Traffic cones I do need though.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 12:55:17 am »
Now I think about it there's a diversion sign just round the corner that was put up before Xmas.  But what do I need it for?  Traffic cones I do need though.

I suppose it's a long time till April 1st??

robert waddell

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 07:38:34 am »
that reminds me of a farm sale years ago  it took half an hour to sell the collection of roadmens brushes shovels and picks                                 naughty banker Simon for liberating goods for the handy shed :D :farmer:

Simple Simon

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 01:10:07 pm »
I see it as recycling other people's rubbish.   

The people next door had an extension built and the contract ran late so they made promises etc etc but it ran more late.  Anyway they had to leave in a fair old hurry so ordered a couple of skips for all the rubbish.  And as they filled them I emptied them of damn great pieces of timber.  Just rubbish.

Fly tipping round here's a real problem, but that really is just rubbish except for a dozen van tyres that I use for holding water buckets or weighting things down.  I guess that everyone on this forum has a yard full of crap that will be useful for something if kept for long enough.

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 11:10:02 pm »
If they're the pins I have for mine, steel reinforcing bar like they use in concrete would do nicely.
My local blacksmith recently fixed me up with some box section cut to the length I asked for and it was half the price I expected to pay  :D  Don't let on to him tho'  ;D
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS