Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: You missed one !!!  (Read 2113 times)

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
You missed one !!!
« on: June 25, 2012, 08:04:50 am »
So, our young daughter was taken to hospital in an Ambulance last night as they were concerned she may have had meningitis (which she doesn't thank the Lord) and that dirty rotten sly theiving fox got our chooks after they "went up" last night. We were not there to shut the door up and I found the carnage when I got back from the hospital....well guess what ya bam...you missed one, the wee brown hen was under the big tree...Just for the record, I won't miss you, I'll only need to be lucky once, you'll need to be lucky every night...

Gutted, most important thing is that the Baba is well, but still gutting :'(
Trust me.....I'm a Chef !!

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
Re: You missed one !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:12:17 am »
Glad your daughter is O.K. Sorry about your chickens.

kegs

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 11:18:18 am »
So glad your daughter is ok.

So sorry you had to come home to find the fox had got your chickens.  You really did not need that and it must have been awful.  :bouquet:

tobytoby

• Joined May 2011
  • north ayrshire
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:26:48 am »
Martin,
Great news about your Daughter, shame about the hens.

I have hybrids that are laying well and you could have some if it will cheer her up, give me a call and you could pick them up.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 08:10:36 pm »
Sorry to hear that Goldcraig. We lost one to a fox the other night -layed the biggest eggs and we'd had her 5 years. Good news about your daughter.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 09:11:18 pm »
Hope your daughter is better soon, glad to hear it's not the 'M' it is scary.   :bouquet:

It's not fair mr fox jumping in at such a sensitive time, they just seem to wait till your guard is down for two seconds  :-\.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 09:24:12 pm »
Daughter's well, thank goodness, tell her TAS visitors are wishing her well.  :bouquet:

Let your hens roost in the trees, its the safest way and they'll be quite happy - build them a wee ladder and dance a couple of them up there so they get the message.  They go to bed earlier too and are safer because of it.  And I'm not a fan of wing clipping - it's there only chance to get away.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 06:51:47 am »
Appreciate the good wishes, Morgan is getting better....although the wrong forum, A&E staff plus Childrens Ward staff were fantastic....our one little hen went up last night..albeit she had been clucing all day. Spoke to one of the locals who now thw outlying land and they mentioned that there is a rather large badger set close to our boundary, we "followed the feathers" and walked the burn as much as we could , but there were no obvious signs....onward and upwards !!!!
Trust me.....I'm a Chef !!

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 10:09:41 am »
Glad to hear yoy daughter is doing ok Hope she continues to improve.. Sad about the chickens, we had 3 taken on Saturday afternoon by the fox. The remaining 3 are confined to a run which they hate. Mr fox has been back several times to try his luck but hes days are numbered!
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS