Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Opportunity presents itself..............  (Read 8396 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Opportunity presents itself..............
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 09:26:57 pm »
So has it put you off it then?  I think it might put me off.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 09:41:50 pm »
Wow, yes the beuty of the internet, you find loads out...Developers have silly money, shame but yu could still have a go!!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 09:02:08 am »
And don't forget when one door closes another opens, you just have to keep your ears and eyes open

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 09:07:40 am »
actually sounds to me like there might be an opportunity for you to buy it and sell of a bit of the land for a severe mark up to the developers at a later date to recover the initial outlay.assuming of course they don't price you out of it in the 1st place

Audmum

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 11:19:52 am »
It hasn't put me off as such, just makes me think how mental the bidding could get.  I think it's a bit overpriced as it is but after more digging around I've found out that land in NI is the most expensive in the UK - anything from 3 to 15k PER ACRE depending on location.  I also did a bit of looking into letting the land.  It's whats known as conarce and only happens here where you let the land for 11 months but the most you could expect is to get is around £100 per acre per annum - not exactly a money-spinner.  Selling a bit of the land at a later date could be an option but I don't think I'd like a development going up on my doorstep (found it hard enough when we got an extension put on this place lol!)
I'm going to have a look-see on Tuesday morning and if this one doesn't work out I'm sure something else will come along.
Auds x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS