Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Clostridial vaccination, again!  (Read 2130 times)

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
Clostridial vaccination, again!
« on: June 17, 2012, 10:05:31 pm »
Hello,

I am sure i have posted this exact topic in the past but cannot find it.

We have now finished kidding however i want to get myself clear on the Hap p/lamivac order of things.

we gave all the in kid does a Hep-P injection approx 4 weeks prior to kidding. The kids have since had an injection at approx 8 weeks.

My question is..... when is their next injection due?? some say they need the second at around 4-6 weeks after the initial jab, BUT does this only stand true if the mums were not injected whilst in kid?

Or does this not matter and every kid, regardless of mum being injected whilst pregnant or not, needs two jabs early on in life??

All advice, as always is much appreciated.

:wave:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Clostridial vaccination, again!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:10:44 pm »
My understanding is that they all need the 2 jabs early in life. In the same way, an unvaccinated goat adult would need the 2 doses to start the treatment also (as mine did).
After this it is annually.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 10:58:45 pm »
That's what I do Plums too  :thumbsup:

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 07:31:58 am »
I gave up vaccinating when they kept shortening the dates between vaccinations.When it got down to 6wks decided that the only things benifiting were the makers of the vaccine....that was over 20yrs ago

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 07:47:05 am »
My understanding is that they all need the 2 jabs early in life. In the same way, an unvaccinated goat adult would need the 2 doses to start the treatment also (as mine did).
After this it is annually.

Lisa is absolutely right.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS