Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ghost post  (Read 6129 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Ghost post
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 12:16:44 pm »
Ooh Mandy - I looked after Steve Perryman's mum when I was nursing!! She was lovely (so was he  ;)   )  He managed 'my' team - Watford.
I followed Watford home and away for years until we moved to Worcestershire and I married a Bristol city fan (!).  I was there in the John Barnes and Luther Blissett days, Elton John, Graham Taylor and my all time favourite *unknown* Rick Holden. Thems' were the days  ;D [size=78%] [/size]
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 12:59:27 pm »
When I was 5 years old in the early fifties, my dad took me to the Molineux to see Wolves play and beat Liverpool 4-0, Billy Wright was captain , That evening after the game we went to the Fieldhouse pub at Claregate , Billy Wright turned up as usual as he was in digs just round the corner,and us lads had a kick about in the car park with him, this was a regular occurance .
Derek Dougan used to walk his dog down Keepers lane at the back of our house with my father in the seventies so it's natural for me to follow the missfortunes of Wolves.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:04:10 pm by tizaala »

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 08:01:12 pm »
I was disallowed from attending football matches as a girl; parents thought that football crowds were rowdy and football grounds unsafe places to be.

My local team was Wolves, so one Saturday me and my boyfriend were planning, my folks being away for the day, to go to Molineux to see Liverpool play Wolves (the boyfriend was from Liverpool and hence supported them fanatically.)  Sadly, parents had a change of plans and arrived home just as we were about to leave, so I never did get to that football match.

40 years later, I finally got taken to a football match.  BH is a closet Arsenal supporter, now I'm up here I like the Magpies (but still have a soft spot for Wolves - and Villa too), so, as the match was more-or-less on my birthday, we went to see Arsenal at St James' Park.  It was that match.  BH enjoyed the first half very much.  And I saw the most exciting second half most people can ever remember!  There was a goal disallowed each way, so in total I saw 10 goals in the first match I ever attended!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 10:35:35 pm »
My family supported Queen's Park Rangers over three generations so, if pushed, I would say I support them.  I have seen them play.  Been to three professional matches in total - various teams inclusing the Scottish Cup final.  Don't ask me who my favourite player is.  The last one I remember was Phil Parkes and he must have been in the early seventies.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 05:32:36 pm »
I have always supported Man United - much to my brothers horror, as he is a through and  through Derby County fan.  Want to go and see a live match, but sadly getting a ticket is not easy.  OH was offered two by a friend who had a season ticket, and someone he got tickets for could not use them.  He turned them down, saying I would not want to go .......arrrrgh!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS