Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ghost post  (Read 6126 times)

Bangbang

Ghost post
« on: June 11, 2012, 08:26:34 pm »
I've called this a ghost post cos I don't expect many replies, but I'm a Man United supporter (Manchester born)
and have always supported them from the sofa... so come on then, what team do you support? 

robert waddell

Re: Ghost post
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:33:53 pm »
in other parts of the UK this is quite an innocent post or request   but north of the border this takes on a very different aspect  more so if you are in Glasgow  it is asked mainly to determin what religion you are :farmer:

Bangbang

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 08:41:33 pm »
My post is not in any way ment in a sectarian sense all I was wanting to here about was local support for teams I've never heard of...I can't watch man U play - but I do watch Deveronvale United. (from Banff )

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 08:52:00 pm »
not a footie fan myself never have been and just cant see the point either as watching  it or the religion aspect or the vast sums of money that is poured into it and the over ratted players
i did have the pleasure of meeting Brian whittaker and his football skills  and  even after a bottle of Morgans was a dream to watch      rip Brian :farmer:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 08:56:06 pm »
Well...... As a youngster I played football to obsession sneaking into the 'boy's' yard at school so they could had a top defender in the days of Pele  ::) girls were expected to play skips etc. How boring .
Now I jost about still being Newcastle supporter but am careful about it where I live Too many Sunderland supporters and big rivals. But tease OH family about me supporting Sunderland just for the wind up ( they are strict Newcastle supporters )
......But when I'm in Manchester ( mothers family home) I go for Man U There are always big family debates on which is the better team as the family is split pretty much half Man U and half Man City.
 My youngest(4yr old) son is now footie obsessed but has opted for Barcelona  :o oh well.... You cannot keep them all on the right side of the line

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 08:58:56 pm »
depends who's playing ... used to go to Chesterfield town matches years ago,
Lincoln city (grandad's team)
Rams

Don't really keep up with it anymore, o/h can't stand it & Saturday afternoon's are too busy!
I always preferred football & rugby to the hockey & netball (uurrrgh!) that us girls were expected to play at school too...
Little Blue

Bangbang

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 09:00:07 pm »
You are right Robert about the money side of it...and yes I can see it's lack of appeal, but at times
I find it relaxing, a mental break...and quicker than snooker..mmm unless Ronnie O'Sulivan is playing ;D

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 09:11:58 pm »
I've never understood the hype about football (or, in fact, any other competitive sport). Anyway, they earn so much money, can't they afford to buy a ball for each of them, so they don't constantly have to fight about the one?  ::)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 09:19:12 pm »
When I taught in the North-east, the kids would ask which team I supported. I tried, once or twice, to explain that I wasn't that interested in football, but this was clearly such an alien concept there that I didn't get very far.

So I took to telling them that I supported Grimsby Town (which is where I went to school). That gained me sympathetic looks and stopped the conversation instantly  :D

Fowlman

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 09:37:16 pm »
Long suffering Bristol city fan here  :innocent:
Tucked away on the downs in wiltshire.

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 11:05:14 pm »
not a footie fan myself never have been and just cant see the point either as watching  it or the religion aspect or the vast sums of money that is poured into it and the over ratted players

Agreed,  but would add - can't see the point of playing it either !
And also add, anyone who arranges their entire life around the home games of Man City including wedding and christening of their child really does need to get a grip on reality IMHO
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:09:17 pm by moleskins »
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

mcginty

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Tyrone, N.I.
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 11:11:49 pm »
When football comes on i go for the off switch, not my seen.
That's the way the cookie crumbles.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 05:18:39 am »
I enjoy watching good football and go to St James' Park now and again. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 09:13:06 am »
Torquay United, I suppose if I were pushed ::) 

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 10:04:15 am »
In the early eighties i was a fanatical Spurs supporter because i fancied their captain Steve Perryman despite living in the North East, OH has always been a Middlesbrough supporter. I now don't really support anybody and mainly prefer to watch Spanish football as its much more entertaining and skillful, plus theres some gorgeous players :love:
Mandy  :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS