Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: PIG FLU Outbreak  (Read 28143 times)

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Re: PIG FLU Outbreak
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2009, 03:45:41 pm »
It's confirmed.... I have been diagnosed with Pig Flu..... the doctor gave me some oinkment to rub on my chest.     ;D
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

rustyme

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2009, 03:52:04 pm »
yes .. thats right , likewise in the USA .....the American government were worried about too many Mexicans crossing the border into the US in the present downturn/depression , as the Mexican economy crashed, and now they are talking about possibly closing the border....handy eh ? but that is going down the conspiracy theory route !!!! We all know that nothing like that ever happens ... don't we ?  :o ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2009, 03:55:55 pm »
so we can blame him again can we. he'll do anything to bring on a bit of a crisis to make it look like he got us through it.
I think I may create a jeyes fluid barrier round the homestead. 5 day quarantine on all incoming objects. ( might make our milk a bit cheesy). If nothing else people will hopefully start to cover their mouths when coughing, and not spit in public.
seriously, I just hope with a bit of common sense and good practise the threat can be contained and the virus will become less of a threat. why do we always have to be living with the impending doom that the media creates?

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2009, 06:57:13 pm »
stick a hundred chucks in a small shed what do you end up with lots of dead birds. same with people there are two many of us so nature needs to kill us off a bit.

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2009, 08:22:13 pm »
MrRee - did you come out in rashers? ;D

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2009, 10:36:42 pm »
I beleive he did.  He had a temperature. Doctor said he was Bacon hot!

Sorry, that was a pork quality joke :pig: :D

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2009, 10:53:26 pm »
I don't know if anyone has already said this as I haven't read all the pages, buy my OH has just come in from a pig health meeting with a pig expert vet. She said that if the swine flu takes off in the UK we shold be keeping people away from our pigs as it will make them pretty poorly for a couple of weeks or so.
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2009, 11:19:13 pm »
it will make them pretty poorly for a couple of weeks or so.
  - the pigs or the people? ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2009, 12:01:03 am »
It will may the pigs poorly....but you probably won't be around to see them get better!! lol (laughing in the face of a crisis)

rustyme

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2009, 07:22:59 pm »
Summary ...those with influence, or a large bag of money will probably get healthcare...those without won't  ;D

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2009, 10:57:54 am »
I read in the paper(with disgust) that the 2 people from Polmont who have been diagnosed with Swine Flu have apparantly hired Max Clifford. They must intend to "cash in" on what most people would be too terrified to deal with. How sad is this world when money and fame is more important than anything else???? They deserve as much suffering as the disease can inflict.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:59:38 am by jameslindsay »

rustyme

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2009, 05:22:42 pm »
some disgusting video of the treatment some people were handing out to pigs in Egypt is on the bbc news site.  The pigs are being 'destroyed' due to the swine flu spread, but it is the treatment that they were subjected to as they were being unloaded from a lorry that was disgusting . No mention at all was made of this by any of the reporters . Some of the pigs were picked up by their legs and thrown into pens . It is clearly visable in the video .  It is bad enough that these poor animals are being killed for no reason , but they could have done without this treatment by these people .

Russ

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2009, 05:46:04 pm »
I read somewhere that we cant actually catch this from the pigs because it has already mutated....cant remember where i read it.

BTW my daughter has, on Friday, been diagnosed with the FLU. She had to go to the hospital, she is in such a lot of pain, temp >38.5 degrees, pulse 120 and BP sky high. She is only 18 and is otherwise fit and healthy. This has been going on since wednesday and is not yet showing any signs of improvement....I am at my wits end cos she is so poorly, she cant even hold a glass to her mouth, stand up or dress herself. She is so uncomfortable she cant sleep properly, which is then making her feel worse, poor lass. We have tried all the pain killers available and nothing is working. If this is ordinary Flu I feel sorry for the beggers who get the bad strains

No-one else round here has it, so she must have caught it at work, in the bank.

Emma x
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

rustyme

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2009, 06:41:11 pm »
sorry to hear about your daughter Emma,
    ordinary flu is bad enough . Most people who have flu get a mild version of it or even have a cold and think it is flu. But if you get a nasty bout of flu , you know it . It really is horrible. Unfortunately , I seem to be susceptable to flu ...and I don't just mean man flu .... ::) , but when I get a dose of flu I go down badly with it . When I had Hong Kong flu , I nearly died . I have had bouts of flu since then ,1968, sometimes just the flu that was doing the rounds , but at others it was when there were no cases of ordinary flu about , it was a version of asian flu . Not very nice at all . In my family I never got what everyone else got , ever . It was always something totally different  . I hope that this swine flu does stay as weak as it is at the moment , and doesn't come back later much , much more virulent.  Even now there are people saying "what is all the fuss about it is only flu " !!! Give them a bad dose of ordinary flu and they would soon change their minds , give them a bad dose of a new flu that we have no immunity too, and they mat not be around to have an opinion.
      Hope your girl gets better soon , it is really horrible when your kids get ill ...you just want to take it from them !!!!

cheers

Russ
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:29:49 pm by rustyme »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS