Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: registered pedigree?  (Read 7647 times)

robert waddell

Re: registered pedigree?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 03:15:30 pm »
it can only be described as a birth notified pig    to give the status to get a meat certificate for selling as whatever breed it may be

purebreed could refer to anything you want to describe   without the parents being registered and the owner being in the bpa you just have a pig
registered parents with the paperwork transferred to the new owners  then the of spring are birth notified  within a time limit by the breeder    and it is up to that breeder to register any or none as he sees fit
the whole thing collapses when that breeder sells birth notified pigs as meat pigs then the new owner decides aw it is to cute to kill i want to breed from it can i get it registered  :farmer:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 05:51:36 pm »
Thanks for the full explanation Mandy - very clear and even-handed, thanks.

No high horse, just my Fells  :D   
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 07:46:22 pm »
Very welcome
I look at it that birth notes are the birth certificate which proves they are that breed and when they were born
Registration is them getting a passport proves who what & when and that they are eligible to have offspring entered in the herd book by a BPA member provided both parents of said offspeing are pedigree
simples really.
mandy :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS