Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New WYSIWYG quote and weblink  (Read 4412 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
New WYSIWYG quote and weblink
« on: June 04, 2012, 11:43:23 am »
I can't make the quote work anymore -operating from an iPad, don't know if that's the issue but I see other people are struggling too, other posts also have the "odd" quote thing going on.

Also, it used to be possible to make the weblink description what showed and what you clicked on, not the whole http:// address. Now with the new 'clever' system that doesn't seem possibly anymore or is there a way of doing it I haven't found yet?

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: New WYSIWYG quote and weblink
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:54:03 pm »
I use an iPad and the quote is
posts also have the "odd" quote thing going on.

Is this ok?? Testing it.

Dan placed instructions to rechange settings on the forum back to the old style which helped me as I couldn't write anything when the change first happened. If you can find that thread it might help you.

Just found it in  announcements  - post editor WYSIWYG

It was very frustrating but other TAS probably glad of my lack of silly replies  :innocent:

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:01:51 pm by Mammyshaz »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:08:46 pm »
I don't have a clue what either of you is talking about ::) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 11:01:42 pm »
Glad I'm not the only one doganjo :thumbsup:
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 11:32:38 pm »
Lol Doganjo and BB - it was a complicated way of saying I couldn't work the new system  ;)

Thanks MShaz - was getting very fed up with both things  :-\

I like the 'appear when you touch them' emotiwhatsits but am much happier otherwise with the old system  :D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 12:02:06 am »
I like the 'appear when you touch them' emotiwhatsits but am much happier otherwise with the old system  :D
Ditto - though my only real problem was that when my connection broke, I lost all my text, which doesn't happen with the old version.  I lose my connection a lot (just intermittently, usually because I'm too tight to by a new cable that has its clicky-stay-put thingy intact), so I'm back on the old editor.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS