Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: JOINING THE PIG CLUB  (Read 6564 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
JOINING THE PIG CLUB
« on: February 02, 2008, 04:20:26 pm »
I am not sure if this is the appropriate place for this posting or whether perhaps coffee morning might be better, perhaps Dan you will move it if needs be.

I was wondering how many people belong to the Pig Association, and to those that do, how many have taken the more expensive route allowing on line birth notification and registration.  I am interested to know how well it works, having just taken the plunge myself.  For me the most useful point is the speed of registration, with no chance (one hopes) of lost forms.  At present with the number of registered sows to my name it works out about even, the temptation to get my moneys worth and have another sow or two is looking good, however OH cant seem to see the logic in this.  Me thinks I need some support here.  HM

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: JOINING THE PIG CLUB
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 06:11:35 pm »
Absolutely, wholeheartedly agree.......I joined 'on-line' too about 3 weeks ago, and so far so good....3 registrations.....but I've yet to do the "birth notification" as it'll be my first ever.....and don't want to get it wrong....so keep looking at it....and then thinking...."I'll do it later".    Yes, obviously the more pigs one has, the more use one gets from one's registration fee! ;) ;) ;)
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 06:44:35 pm »
 :D :D :D ;D

Ok going to take the plunge as I have 3 birth notifications and several registrations to do.  Warning though, the BPA website might be in overdrive tomorrow, I am not known for my computer skills.

Ok I have been on line and have an email allocating the appropriate birth notification numbers.  Now please, Blinkers, what do I do now?????????????????????

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 06:47:33 pm by Hilarysmum »

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 07:10:56 pm »
Oh heavens......I've no idea.  Have just looked through the the folder they sent me.....but they kind of just seem to assume we all know what to do  ??? :o ..... and I was hoping you'd be able to tell me. :-[..   HAve just checked the site again, and I THINK this is the number that is allocated if they go on to be Herd Book Registered.....but I stand to be corrected if anyone else out there is experienced at this sort of thing.     ::) ???
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 09:42:34 pm »
Just checked with someone else and apparently those numbers are so that you can register them (if need be) in the Herd Book.  I guess if the litter is Birth notified, it gives you the option just in case there is a cracking one in the litter for future breeding. :)  
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 07:24:20 am »
I have worked it out.  Its the same as the paper ones.  You birth notify the litter, then for any you want to register as pedigree pigs you complete the registration form one for each registered animal. 

Am going to do some over the weekend, time permitting.  Will let you know how I get on. ;D

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 08:35:28 pm »
How did you get on Hilarys mum, would be interested to know as I have some paperwork pending- so to speek!!!

Carole

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 08:13:24 am »
Hi Carole well it went ok as far as I know, have yet to hear back from BPA.  Bearing in mind computer and I have not been on speaking terms since I attempted to complete the BPA breed survey on line.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS