Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Nettle beer  (Read 18486 times)

The Relic

• Joined Mar 2009
  • County Down
Re: Nettle beer
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2009, 09:49:49 pm »
glad to hear it i couldnt watch Britians got talant in peace with the thought of u being rushed to hospital lol just be careful ducks dont try to land on you (poor pond joke).

you have rekindled my interests in making another batch.fruity you say. does it taste like the smell?

mine had a slight citrusy smell but was awful to taste

gillandtom

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Stirling
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 07:33:55 am »
Relic,

Glad i didn't upset your Saturday night viewing of BGT! I used the HFW recipe so added the juice of 2 lemons and one orange.  That was probably a good idea to lift the murky pond feel to it.  Not that I have ever eaten nettels before - but it did taste mostly of nettles. Which is the point i suppose.  Had a glass on Saturday night and it really was quite nice super chilled in the evening sun.  Good luck if you give it ago again. ;)

.... noticed on the dog walk last night one of the heads on the elder was in full bloom - only another 29 to wait for!

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2009, 11:47:52 am »
I followed ' badger faces ' recipe for this , but used different sugar, a Belgian brown sugar. The drink really is good, refeshing. thanks
Kevin

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS