Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Unwell Duck  (Read 7632 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Unwell Duck
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 09:47:20 pm »
I have 13 ducks in total - 4 boys and 9 girls. I still have the Aylesbury ducklings to add when they are old enough but not keeping any boys. I am also going to rehome the 2 Kakhi Campbell Drakes as they are so so randy. A few of the girls necks are getting bald!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:49:00 pm by jameslindsay »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 09:48:59 pm »
I had to rehome all but one drake.  I only took 3 girls and a drake with me when I moved and rehomed all the others.  I think they are all quite happy now.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 10:00:44 pm »
yes, the wee black duck has a bald head, as she is so small. Not an easy life! I'll consider my options...:&>

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 12:31:32 pm »
It's funny, 9 of my ducks enjoy the free range life but 4 of the ones I hatched last year just refuse to leave their pen. So, the 9 are free to roam from around 7am till about 7pm. However, the second they go back into their pen the Kakhi Campbell Drakes pounce on any of the girls they can get on. I wish these 4 would also roam freely as the others have a great life now and I will also need to find a home for these 2 horny boys.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS