Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lesmahagow Show  (Read 10517 times)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Lesmahagow Show
« on: May 26, 2012, 07:38:39 pm »
Brilliant day ...
Took 4 of my Kune Kune & came back with 2x3rds, 3x2nds, 5x1sts, 2 Reserve Champion & a Champion  ;D ;D ;D
Thanks to the Committee of the Show & the hard working security -Bruce ( HHofHH ;)  ), to the Committee of the SPKA, especially Lillian, for all your hard work - it does not go un-noticed  :wave:
But, for me, the biggest Star of the day was my hard working little helper Rebecca McKay, not only did she help show my KKs, but she had quite literally only met them 10 minites before taking them in the ring - the only child handler to be showing pigs against adult handlers - Best Junior Handler certainly well deserved  :trophy:  & many thanks for all your help today  :thumbsup:
 :love: :pig: :love:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Lesmahagow Show
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 08:58:02 pm »
Well  done, must try and get down to see the show next year.  :thumbsup:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 09:18:38 pm »
Well done  :thumbsup:  :trophy:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 09:23:42 pm »
It'll be great to see you Sab. any chance of you getting to the Smallholders' Show?
OMG, just re-read my post - looks like an Oscar acceptance speech  ::)  sorry folks  :-[ 
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 09:26:48 pm »
It definitely was a winning day for the Kunekunes  ;) you're allowed to be proud mrs  :trophy:
My onion sausages (made with Kunekune pork) got placed higher than butcher made ones using saddleback pork - chalk up another win for the wee guys  ;D 
Though there was no beating Lil with her pork & black pudding combo - super stuffer that she is  ;D   :D   :thumbsup:
I echo Lynne's sentiments Lil, you're a trooper  ;)   :-*   :-*   :-*
Karen  :wave:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 09:52:06 pm »
Congratulations to all   :trophy:   and  :bouquet:  for the girls!

Little Blue

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 09:57:45 pm »
Doing my proud mammy bit  ;)

That's my girl  :thumbsup:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »
lovely! :) well done little Hippy...
Little Blue

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 09:17:46 am »
Well done all - beautiful day too!

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 11:01:11 am »
well done :trophy:

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 11:06:17 am »
well done all of you
          :trophy: :thumbsup: :trophy: :thumbsup: :pig: :trophy: :pig: :trophy: Mx

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 11:15:37 am »
Congratulations  and well done to all. Looks like a lovely day was ahd by all
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

robert waddell

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 11:23:01 am »
only two problems on the day  first and most important was i forgot the bloody mike to do a voice over and let the showgowers aware of what was happening   not to bad the entries representing 5 different breeds
and possible the most important aspect for the paying public was the restriction placed on us by environmental health banning us from handing out cooked samples of sausages entered into the sausage comp   how else is the public going to be  made aware of what pedigree pork tastes like  and for a brief time it looked like the sausage comp would be canceled but dogged determination payed off
looking forward to Angus show 8and 9 of June and more entries

HappyHippy

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 11:35:44 am »
and possible the most important aspect for the paying public was the restriction placed on us by environmental health banning us from handing out cooked samples of sausages entered into the sausage comp   how else is the public going to be  made aware of what pedigree pork tastes like 
Next time, talk to Carol Simpson in the East Kilbride environmental health department of South Lanarkshire council  ;)  I had spoken to her about handing out cooked samples of my sausages at the show (although I ended up not being organised enough  ::) ) but she had no problem with it providing I stuck to the guidelines for handling fresh/cooked meats. I've got the info that I can email to Lil if she want's it, just let me know.
Karen  :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 11:53:51 am »
Sounds like a great day.  Well done everyone  :trophy:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS