Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lesmahagow Show  (Read 10516 times)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Re: Lesmahagow Show
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 08:03:38 pm »
fowgill farm, thats much the same as us!! reversing or sitting for a treat, im prepared to be laughed at......a lot!

Hi Alison  :wave:
I managed to get my Isolation Unit re-registered within a fortnight - I'd nearly forgotton with Rach being so poorly - I can't remember how long it took the first time  :-\
It would be great if you could make the Angus show to make sure the wee KKs are represented, it's just a bit too far for us at the moment with waiting for the call from the hospital.
 :love: :pig: :love:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 09:24:13 pm »
I will be there, me and Heidi the reversing pig and my laughing family!
This is my trial run into showing, looking forward to seeing all the pigs but interested to see what kind of Kune judges like better, rounder shorter pigs or taller, longer........

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 09:48:48 pm »
We must have photos Alison  ;)
Don't worry we all make absolute idiots out of ourselves - or should I say "our pigs make absolute idiots out of us"  ;D  Don't worry, Robert & Lillian will be there to assist (they can REALLY help you feel like an idiot  :D  )
As for "type" of KK - well, what can I say?  It will depend on who you get judging on the day, some don't believe that KKs are actually pigs  ::)  others may not have even read-up on the Breed Standards  ::)  For a gilt/sow it's her underline they'll be most concerned with - clean, even teats. 
Make sure Heidi's had a bath the day before (then try keeping her clean  ;)  ) - I use baby bath (smells nice & kind on their skin), can't remember her colourway, but if she's got many dark bits, massage a little baby oil into her coat 10 minutes before your due in the ring (it'll help the 2 of you relax as well as giving her coat an extra shine). 
Remember to take her water bowl & if she's a bit of a digger take some straw for her pen so she doesn't muck herself up before going into the ring.
Above all, enjoy yourself & show folks how lovely our breed is.
 :love: :pig: :love:

Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

robert waddell

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 10:06:53 pm »
the most important thing is ENJOY your self we all have to start somewhere and the best trained pigs can play up :farmer:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 10:10:50 pm »
only two problems on the day  first and most important was i forgot the bloody mike to do a voice over and let the showgowers aware of what was happening
Thought it was quieter than last year  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS