Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hatching Turkey Eggs....  (Read 6446 times)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Hatching Turkey Eggs....
« on: February 02, 2008, 01:06:48 pm »
Has anyone done this?     Am about to buy my first incubator....and primarily for this reason.....as well as other chooks of course. Just wondered what the success rate in general is? :)
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
Re: Hatching Turkey Eggs....
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 12:58:39 am »
i brought 6 eggs off ebay and had 2 hatch then got impatient and brought some poults with a stag and hen (think thats right!) they diddnt get on too well with the geese so we swapped them with some friends across the road for my lovley chickens!  :)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 12:29:48 pm »
Absolutley nothing to do with Turkey eggs............but those GORGEOUS cats and kittens just melt your heart.    We have a Tonkinese....called Fitz....who thinks he's a dog, cos he sleeps with them......and beats them up when their backs are turned ;) Fantastic website too.   8)
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:14:57 am »
lol thanks! we have a persian that sounds just like your fitz (coco) she is such a lovley little girl, if you tell one of the others off for being naughty (like jumping up on the kitchen side when your back is turned and nicking your food) she will wait until the naughty cat walks past her and wack it on the bum then walk up to you tail proudly in the air purring away! just like teachers pet! i have her, our alsation and one of the british short hairs follow me round like lost sheep for the first 30 / 45 mins every day when i get in! im sure they are all missing a vital screw somewhere!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS