Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cleaning ovens - I wasn't sure where to post this  (Read 5516 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Cleaning ovens - I wasn't sure where to post this
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 08:44:28 am »
MGM, thats the best response yet  ;D ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 02:22:32 pm »
I have never cleaned an oven in my life!! so I am watching this post with interest.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 09:31:27 pm »
MGM, thats the best response yet  ;D ;D

Thought you might like it.   ;)

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 09:11:49 pm »
Go on line to something like eSpares and buy a trigger pack of professional oven cleaner for about £7 inc P&P strip the oven out and use it on everythign that is oven cleaner safe. carefully using cloves leave it for several hours and hot soapy water was hit off , your oven will be like new .
 From then on use a cassserole /lidded pot for roasting or  roasting bags .

If you heat PIZZA in the oven slip a sheet of baking parchment under the slab  so it does not burn onto the shelf wires.
 If you open pan roast a veg medly slip that parchment on or use a roasting bag.

once you have cooked int eh oven slip a dish of hot water in it and leave it to cool down a bit then wipe out your oven with a slightly damp soapy cloth and anothe wipoe with it rinsed out.

The secret of keeping your oven clean is to clean it everytime you use it , prevent splashed of fat or food and never cook in a dirty oven as it bakes things on.

That professional cleaner from  e Spares I spoke of is really the dogs . I've never found anything better .
The label shows :-

" Professional oven care      500 ml  "
 approved by Indisit , Hotpoint and Scholties ...

NOTE WELL
You must wear decent rubber gloves when using it and wash offf any splashes or smears as it stings like mad on bare skin

International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 09:45:27 am »
Thanks Plantoid. I will have a look for the product. If you have seen my other post "I am obsessed with" you will know that rubber gloves are my forte  ;D

I have never used a roasting bag beforeso I will clean the overn and then give the bag a try.

Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS