Rain
« on: May 10, 2012, 04:52:11 pm »
I can't believe it is still raining, will our summer ever arrive.   :(

miniaturesabound

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Lincolnshire
Re: Rain
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 05:09:07 pm »
I'm so fed up with boots, waterproofs & mud. And to top it all, side of a plastic bowl  has just broke and water went all over me just after I'd remove my waterproofs and changed my clothes for the evening.
"A stubborn horse walks behind you, an impatient horse walks in front of you, but a noble friend walks beside you"

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:13:50 pm »
Drier Weather At The Weekend, Surely Not?
Michael Fish brings some better news initially in that a brief ridge of high pressure will arrive this weekend to give a drier spell for many. It's downhill from there though as low pressure will bring rain in from the northwest from Sunday and into next week it stays mixed with the best of any drier, brighter conditions reserved for the south.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 07:32:04 pm »
No
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Fowlman

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:56:17 pm »
Although a dry spell would be welcome we still need the rain down south, river through the village still bone dry.
Tucked away on the downs in wiltshire.

Goat-Lady

• Joined May 2012
  • Wales
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 10:02:13 pm »
Thanks Victorian Farmer, we all need  cheering up. HA HA  Still can only get better, we live in hope.

We all know the feeling miniaturesaound, mud glorious mud.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 11:46:53 pm »
Not had much rain here in Shropshire today but very windy.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 07:17:40 am »
Still raining.......

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 08:51:27 am »
And still not warm enough to get the grass growing, our paddocks are so wet that if you try and walk up a slope you just skid the surface off with your boots, Gabi's parents keep phoning from Munich to complain that it's too hot outside  ( 30c ) we could use some of that.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 09:22:02 am »
All paddocks ankle deep in mud and water here in North Yorkshire it hasn't stopped raining for what seems like days! The two paddocks that i have young pigs in were supposed to last them all summer but it looks like they're trashed already and they will have to be moved again probaly back inside. Grrr >:(
Just had a lok at the 10 day forecast and there is 60% chance of rain for the next 8 out of ten days so no let up yet, i'm sure i got sun burn't last may topping the grass!
Sometimes i think a hard winter means a better summer whereas last winter was warm and pishy so it looks the same for the rest of the year!
Like everyone else i'm sick of having to get sheeted up in waterproofs still especially when its warm with it, being a lady of a certain age i'm moister inside than i am out!Yuk
Mandy :pig:

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 10:13:17 am »
NormandyMary or MAK, if you're out there and listening - we're all fed up and coming out for a  l o n g  visit.  :D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 10:19:42 am »
Dry here today and a lot of blue in the sky. I do hope the sun shines this afternoon for my great-nieces wedding. Bless her, she's had a lot of unhappiness in her eighteen years and deserves a bit better :)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 10:19:51 am »
I can't believe my ponies are still in their winter rugs  :o

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 10:55:41 am »
Your all welcome here....29 forcast today. too hot to do more than potter for most of the day LOVELY!!!!!!

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 11:38:33 am »
It's just stopped raining here (been continuous for the past couple of days) and the suns coming out  :thumbsup:

m

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS