Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rain  (Read 8414 times)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Rain
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 10:41:12 am »
Bitter cold grey and damp, central heating still on  ::) and using more straw now than i did the whole of winter  ::) snow forecast on high ground when will sumer start  ???
Had a tooth out yesterday fell grim and weather not helping
Mandy  :pig:

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 11:22:05 am »
Tues....the cold has got over here now (colder ,actually quite ok for working)

Rain forcast but noe last night...looks likly today but our little valley seems to miss lots of the rain....

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 06:36:35 pm »
Bitter cold grey and damp, central heating still on  ::) and using more straw now than i did the whole of winter  ::) snow forecast on high ground when will sumer start  ???
Had a tooth out yesterday fell grim and weather not helping
Mandy  :pig:
Is that a cold wind blowing through a cavity Fowgill  :o ;D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Goat-Lady

• Joined May 2012
  • Wales
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 10:24:10 pm »
Praying for a fine dry day tomorrow as I have 4 goats to bath.  They're just a little to big to put in the bath. lol

PetiteGalette

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 11:02:46 pm »
Hmmmmmmmmm, well, here in Brittany we've had it dry, sunny and windy for over a week (T-shirt weather these last two days) and, ermmmmmmmmmmmm, I could do with some rain to get my betterave and forage carrot seedlings in the field going again............................
A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them.  ~Leonard Louis Levinson

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 11:26:52 pm »
You just can't please everyone!

PetiteGalette

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 11:27:55 am »
Well, it worked!
It's been drizzling since the early hours of this morning - just what I needed........ and I can see the grass and seedlings heaving a sigh of relief..................... Roll on haymaking this year...... Fingers crossed! (It's been to dry for the grass to grow the last 3 years.)
A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them.  ~Leonard Louis Levinson

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 11:39:41 am »
Silage fields already cut round here!!!

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2012, 12:53:16 pm »
Lucky you lot, had dreek, drizzle, mixzzle & pizzle for the past 2 days and looks set to continue tomorrow, horrid stuff, think you don't need a coat but after 10 mins you're soaked!
Only nice day this week was Wednesday managed to get farrowing house cleaned out ready for its next incumbent! Took 3hrs, must cut down on amount of straw they have!
mandy  :pig:

Goat-Lady

• Joined May 2012
  • Wales
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 10:07:40 pm »
Sun tanned today while topping the fields.  Can't believe it was wet and cold last week.  This weather can last until October for me. Luv it

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 11:13:15 pm »
Lovely isn't it?  Just need rain all night though.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 07:32:06 pm »
got a heavy shower this morning, but it is blazing out there now!  ::)
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS