Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Home needed for deaf sheepdog  (Read 7550 times)

MrsJ

• Joined Jan 2009
Re: Home needed for deaf sheepdog
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 08:26:35 pm »
From someone who learned a lot at Freddiesfarm, I hope the adoption works out.  I would have loved to offer her a home but with three Spaniels who are all selectively deaf I dont think I could cope! :)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 09:01:24 pm »
From someone who learned a lot at Freddiesfarm, I hope the adoption works out.  I would have loved to offer her a home but with three Spaniels who are all selectively deaf I dont think I could cope! :)
Funny we have a labardor like that except for the words, walk, t-break and yorkshire puddings!! ;D
Mandy :pig:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 08:38:10 am »
I don't need to be patronised but as a mere weak and feeble woman I am trying to manage a flock of 300 ewes plus 400 lambs not to mention 8 dogs, 3 horses and a couple of bullocks.  Posting the message above was the hardest thing I have ever done as I have spent the last two years trying to work out how to keep little Meggie happy but in my environment with mostly rented land and crap fencing I cannot afford for her occassional bouts of over enthusiasm.

so don't patronise or judge - it really doesn't help anyone!

I hope this wasn't meant for me.
I suggested the dog part of the forum in case anyone on there would take your dog and they may not have
read the sheep forum.
I suggested trying to 'work' the dog in a smaller area as an option which you may not have considered, how's anyone to know that you've spent two years wrestling with a problem.
Mostly this forum is very friendly and helpful but now and again people can jump down someones throat.

Emotions running high; peace, peeps. :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS