Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Flubenvet  (Read 16067 times)

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Flubenvet
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 11:23:14 pm »
The Marriages with Flubenvet is available in 10 and 20 kg bags.

SuzieQueue - nearest supplier I can find is Farm and Pet Place ...... Oswestry/Wrexham way. I had a word with the lady in charge of the Animal Health section at Charlies, Welshpool at the weekend. She hadnt heard of it but was very interested and was going to contact the manufacturers. If you can collect it from somewhere locally it is good value ... I ordered the first time I used it but paid quite a lot for delivery.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 06:02:50 am »
Yes - I've been looking at the delivery charges and thought that I would call Marriages today and see if their prices beat SPR poultry's. Then remembered that I've still got this big tub of Flubenvet to get through. I might have a word with Wynnstay here in Llanidloes and see if they would consider stocking it...... and call Charlie's at Welshpool as well and ask - just so they've got a couple of enquiries for the same thing...... See if that jogs them
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 09:02:04 am »
Marriages deliver a 1 tonne pallet free. I buy sheep, pig and poultry feed from them so it's not too hard to make up 50 bags. Maybe you could share with someone local.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 12:05:12 pm »
I found it a nightmare and won't bother with mixing it any longer since ready mixed medicated pellets have been on the market... :&>

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 01:03:30 pm »
Marriages deliver a 1 tonne pallet free. I buy sheep, pig and poultry feed from them so it's not too hard to make up 50 bags. Maybe you could share with someone local.

Mmmm - there wold be an economy of scale there too I expect. We have started to gather a bit of usage data this year so we should be able to get an idea of how much of what we might need.

Thanks Rosemary
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Rosadollymixture

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 04:32:07 pm »
I'm another one who didn't know Marriages produced layers pellets with added Flubenvet.  I know what I'll be using next time worming is due.  Thanks for the info. 
Does anyone out there buy it locally in Aberdeenshire or is it another online purchase I have to make?

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 06:20:18 pm »
I was advised by a vet that the only company with a licence to sell it mail order was SPR. This was at the National Poultry Show last year, but he then went on to say that the rules were being relaxed soon to make it easier to get licenced. Its cheap enough and they have changed their packaging and their courier -we had 3 broken bags of 5 last year and one was empty, just the packet with a few pellets left. The delivery man apologised and went on to say that if I saw the way they threw stuff around at the depot I'd be amazed that anything survived! I reported that to SPR obviously.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 06:52:35 pm »
I ordered it from here
http://www.farmandpetplace.co.uk/
I found their price the best when I looked. what happens is that when you've placed the order a pharmacist is going to give you a ring before they send it off. I found the company very helpful with lots of questions, customer service is top. I had a broken bag of pellets from them, too and got another for free.:&>

toaster

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 11:03:08 am »
Heygates also make a premixed flubenvet feed

Personally I use the powder as although the feeds are convenient unless you already feed Marriages/Heygates you are changing the bird's diet at a time that isn't ideal (ie when medicating)

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 08:03:28 pm »
I find changing our hens feed actually encourages them to eat it. They guzzle it down at worming time. I guess they get bored with the same old stuff every day. They certainly don't like their pellets coated with Flubenvet powder but are a bit more enthusiastic if I mix the powder with olive oil first to a paste and them mix it on/ in. Makes it easier to do as well in my experience.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 08:20:05 pm »
I have sometimes thought that it may not be a good idea to change their diet suddenly from one brand of layers to the Marriages-medicated but cant see any ill effects and as chrismahon says they do seem to enjoy the Marriages and eat it more readily than their normal brand. Marriages also do layers pellets designed specifically for quail and these went down well with our quail. Just too much of a drive for me to use Marriages all the time and cant store a big delivery.

Fowlman

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 11:47:07 am »
Yes marriages Quail pellets are excellent, my Quail laid like lunatics on marriages. Bigger eggs too.
Tucked away on the downs in wiltshire.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 11:51:55 am »
take care with introducing any layers pellets to birds that used to have a different diet - my ducks did not take very well to pellets in the beginning, I had half of them turning egg bound when I introduced them ad lib. Once I reduced the pellets to a specified amount all returned to normal - but with more eggs than on the just grain diet  :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS