Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Moving sheep grazing  (Read 3218 times)

horsemadmummy

• Joined Feb 2010
Moving sheep grazing
« on: May 04, 2012, 10:34:50 pm »
We have agreed to take on some more Shetland ewes and our neighbour has kindly offered to let the girls go through the gate that connects our fields and act as mowers from time to time.  How do I record this?  Do I have to fill out an aml for them and do i need to get another holding number for that field? Thanks in advance for any posts.

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
Re: Moving sheep grazing
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:46:04 pm »
If its England then you're OK not to do anything within 5 miles. 

We farm six people's land on two CPH numbers and it used to be a right royal pain sending in AMLs and filling in two flock books.  They fixed that problem last year. 
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 05:56:29 am »
Don't bother. No-one will know unless you tell them and why would you want to do that.

MrsJ

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 07:13:05 am »
We use three different fields, but they are all within 5 miles so don't need an aml.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 07:23:10 am »
maybe they 'got out' :-)

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 02:03:55 pm »
If the people next door, the otherside of the gate have a seperate holding numbe just put down in your records....moved x number of sheep to holding 55/555/5555 however if the don't just include it a part of your land and don't do anything. I have 2 fields on long lease one 2 miles away and one 4 and both are just part of my holding. However I have another field that is part of another holding, just an odd acre that is useless for his cows, and when I have sheep there I put 'moved to x holding' and its number. Keep it as simple as possible  :thumbsup:
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS