Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stuck in the mud  (Read 16509 times)

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Stuck in the mud
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 05:33:14 pm »
Kate,
Iam so sorry to hear of the happenings in Normandy today.What a worry and upset. Have you managed to move the others yet, if you need some help I am sure we can do something.
Thanks for posting the information, I know it must have been devastating for you.

Carole

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 06:14:06 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( Oh I'm so sorry to hear your news....how absolutely dreadful for you.  Just don't know what to say and I can only imagine the sorrow you are going through.   Yes, Spring is around the corner.......everything crossed that the worst of the wet and s*****g mud is nearly over.    :-*
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Farmer Giles

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 01:37:11 pm »
 :( Oh dear, so very sorry to hear Kate. Hope all is well with your other wee ones, as Carole says thanks for the info will ensure I keep a watchful eye. Please let us know how you get on.

Andy

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 04:04:59 pm »
  :'(  Oh Kate,

So sorry to hear your sad news, When my arc & piggies arrive I will certainly take your advice & be keeping a close eye on them.  I never realised how treacherous the mud could be to them. 

Take Care
Donna
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 06:29:19 pm »
On another site it was suggested that bark chippings could be used in huge quantities to alleviate the mud problem.  We would require way too much bark for our lot, however if you are starting from new and have reasonably cheap access to bark chippings it could be a way forward.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 07:33:28 pm »
Have moved them all inside the big barn today. Given most of them a warm bath/wash and they are now cosy snug and most of all warm. We took nine in eventually. Just kept looking at any of them that could be vunerable, so now it's just the big ones outside who can better cope.

Thank you all for your kind words - I would hate for anyone to go through this experience so with more bad weather coming in tonight I believe, everyone keep a keen eye on your animals.

Kate

Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 09:57:06 am »
how sad to learn from such a harsh lesson. I feel like dashing out and putting a rug over my pigs . nature has a way of biting your backside to let you know who's in charge.

ben10

• Joined Feb 2008
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 12:20:01 pm »
Well done Kate for acting so quickly, things are never easy in this harsh weather

Ben

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS