Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Small holding and my daughter  (Read 8945 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Small holding and my daughter
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 12:22:08 am »
That is brilliant, Sim.  I'd be proud too if she was my daughter - what a wee star. ;D :thumbsup:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 11:17:12 am »
Sounds like you should be looking into sending her to Agricultural College in due course. I suggest you get a few prospectus' in and go through them with her. Hands on is wonderful, back that up with the correct qualifications and she will have a good head start.

:farmer:

simba

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 04:13:29 pm »
Sounds like you should be looking into sending her to Agricultural College in due course. I suggest you get a few prospectus' in and go through them with her. Hands on is wonderful, back that up with the correct qualifications and she will have a good head start.

:farmer:

We have the plumpton one at the moment and we will go down to the open day to have a look around thanks all for your nice comments too

simba

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 12:33:37 pm »
bit of update india has gone off to help out on a pig farm today with her uncle very excited she was my good little farmer girl that she is 

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 01:23:42 pm »
It sounds like she will be taking over soon  ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

simba

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 03:57:41 pm »
shame it was not quiet like she wanted she is a bit of a hands on girl but ended up watching more but she was still positive about the whole thing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 04:02:57 pm »
Any experience is good and she has lots of time to get hands on.

Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 06:46:26 pm »
Excellent, she sounds like she'll go far, especially with your encouragement  :thumbsup:

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 08:47:04 pm »
I was at school with a little lad called Clive who wanted to leave as soon as possible to be a farmer. He lived near the centre of Derby, so couldn't really be further away from it. For a couple of years he got up in the early hours and cycled out of town to help with milking. After school he would be back at the farm until dark. Needless to say he was pretty dozy in classes and was ridiculed a fair bit. After failing most of his 'O' levels he left and I met him by accident a few weeks later. He was competing at a local show and would we like to come over to see it. Well it turned out he was in a sheep shearing competion and they were about as big as he was. We were amazed when he rolled this sheep over and started cutting away. Even more amazed when he won the competition !!!!

I'm sure she will do really well Simba. Pretty unusual for someone that age to know what they want and actually go for it. I thought they all sat on the sofa playing computer games nowadays?

simba

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 07:38:34 pm »
I was at school with a little lad called Clive who wanted to leave as soon as possible to be a farmer. He lived near the centre of Derby, so couldn't really be further away from it. For a couple of years he got up in the early hours and cycled out of town to help with milking. After school he would be back at the farm until dark. Needless to say he was pretty dozy in classes and was ridiculed a fair bit. After failing most of his 'O' levels he left and I met him by accident a few weeks later. He was competing at a local show and would we like to come over to see it. Well it turned out he was in a sheep shearing competion and they were about as big as he was. We were amazed when he rolled this sheep over and started cutting away. Even more amazed when he won the competition !!!!

I'm sure she will do really well Simba. Pretty unusual for someone that age to know what they want and actually go for it. I thought they all sat on the sofa playing computer games nowadays?

I can with hand on heart say she would rather read a book than play on a computer im sure it will come and bite me one day but at the moment all is good thank you all for your comments and will keep all updated as she goes on

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS