Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sad end to lambing  (Read 6893 times)

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Re: Sad end to lambing
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 05:27:45 pm »
Don't beat yourself up about this, you did your best  :bouquet: There is always something that we wished we had done differently. Even my Mum after over 50 years of lambing hundreds of sheep a year still blamed herself for not being in the right place at the right time each lambing season!  Guess it's compulsory!

Hope the ewe is ok.

My thoughts entirely.....we are not perfect....we just do our best! Lamb might have been born dead....
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

norfolk newbies

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Grantham
Re: Sad end to lambing
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 09:00:59 am »
Hi All
Quick update on mum and lamb. Mum is OK, and seems much happier today, although she was quite lethargic yesterday (understandably). We persisted with pushing lamb on, Mum was by now now standing still, but lamb did not seem that keen until it was actually latched on.
However this morning we got an actual bounce from the lamb so I suspect it is feeding whilst we are n't watching ( that and the quantity of yuk coming out of the other end!)
I dropped some willow twigs in, but I am not sure if these have been eaten or covered in straw ( idea from other thread...I always give the pigs willow, but did not think to give to sheep). She will be given a second penicillin jab today just to make sure.

thanks again for moral support
Jo

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS