Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pigs and Horses  (Read 6810 times)

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
Re: Pigs and Horses
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 01:03:25 pm »
I had forgotten about this posting. Last night put our weaners in their pen which is near the stables and the horses had a right all doolally. Snorting, blowing prancing about and trotting out the gate to the paddock then back. the two older mares were mesmerised! My GfD's were also a bit intrigued but much calmer at least. Piggies however, gave not a blind notice of anyone or any animal!
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

white-blazes

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Anglesey
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 10:06:29 pm »
I think the two geldings next to my mares made more of a fuss and display when the pigs arrived - they soon settled though.

Mr Pig

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 07:07:12 am »
FYI

white-blazes

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Anglesey
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 08:33:25 pm »
love it :D

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 08:46:51 pm »
 :thumbsup:

mariwilliams

• Joined May 2012
  • Blaenau Ffestiniog, North Wales
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 08:46:08 pm »
From personal experience my two ponies had a 'fit' when they saw our pigs (we didn't think, just put them in the field next to them), my section A tried to get away by trying to jump a fence...and missed, whilst my arabxcob was going bananas!  I see most other posts are happy ones, so don't let this put you off completely as all animals react differently, but they can take big exception to eachother!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS