Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: GG twins  (Read 1776 times)

countrywoman

• Joined Nov 2011
GG twins
« on: April 19, 2012, 12:35:20 pm »
Just had my first kids and they are both in good shape, so is mum.  They are boys, one pale like mum and one dark like dad.  Just having a cuppa to celebrate then I'll take the camera down and try to get a few good shots so I can post them later (technology willing...).

Weirdly, my goatling who gave every appearance of having aborted at about 6 weeks followed by a mini-cloudburst at 10 weeks, has formed an udder which is getting larger and tighter by the day.  Maiden milker?  Hormone reaction because of the other goat's pregnancy?  She has never looked pregnant, although she is chunky over her ribs she is not the classic pyramid shape but... could she have one tiny kid in there?  I'll give her a little while of close monitoring and then get the vet out. 

Never a dull moment!

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: GG twins
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:39:08 pm »
CONGRATS!  :thumbsup: Shame no girls but as long as everyones good that's the main thing.

When is your goatling due?
My 2nd kidders weren't huge, just looked a 'bit more than fat' but had 2 good kids each.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 12:40:09 pm »
Congratulations!! looking forward to those pictures  :thumbsup:

We have a maiden milker and its been the last fortnight that her udder became so tight that it needed milking (having milked her for months last year I was hoping she could have a year off, but no - she is determined!)
Will be interested to hear how you get on and whether she does have a kid in there
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Crazyboutdaanimals

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 04:31:10 pm »
congrates, hope all are healthy and well, it is a shame no girls, cannot wait to see photos

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS