Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: help, single gosling needs friend.  (Read 2458 times)

Rosie posie

• Joined Mar 2012
help, single gosling needs friend.
« on: April 13, 2012, 12:18:19 pm »
One flipping gosling out of 10 eggs arrrghh!

urgently seeking newly hatched gosling, duckling (preferably muscovey)

Tried to foist it onto a broody bantam, but she nearly killed it by standing all over it.
I kept it in there for a while as she was purring at it and seemed to like it enough, but was just clumsy.

I later found it stone cold, well away from her in the water that had been knocked over.

Back under the heat lamp and it seems to be thriving, however it has imprinted on me (probably the reason it didn't take to her)

anyhooo, if anyone has or knows of any of the above, very local to me (as I have an extremely busy couple of days now and can't travel very far) please contact me asap.
Willing to pay/barter/borrow whatever :)

Welshpool area if possible.

Rosie posie

• Joined Mar 2012
Re: help, single gosling needs friend.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:31:01 pm »
sorted.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:36:41 am »
Oh good  :thumbsup:

I ended up driving an hour and a half to find two young ducklings to keep company with the rescued mallard my friends brought  :D

Rosie posie

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 09:34:29 pm »
Didn't end up great I'm afraid, found him/her dead this afternoon, almost a week old :(

I have the 2 fosterlings now, I guess they will have to go back....

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 09:39:17 pm »
Oh dear poor gosling. I've just had to fetch 6 goose eggs out from under my silly chinese goose. She has been sitting on far too many. I candled them and 5 are fertile and I reckon if they are still ok they've got just over a week to go.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

Rosie posie

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 04:07:43 pm »
ooh fingers crossed Brinjjy 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS