Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Easter lunch/dinner  (Read 7364 times)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Easter lunch/dinner
« on: April 08, 2012, 03:51:02 pm »
Whether you care about the religious implications of today or not (I do!!!) Today is often a day for families to spend time together and share in food. (My favourite subject)

What are you all having today??

We have roast lamb and chicken for 1 fussy person, roast tatties, parsnips, carrots, brocolli and yummy special gravy

And pavlova served with icecream for dessert!!!

More importantly after 40 days and nights without a drop of alcohol i am allowed wine with the meal excellent idea!!!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Easter lunch/dinner
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:56:46 pm »
We are having roast pork, (supermarket stuff as we don't have our own pigs yet) stuffing, roast potatoes, roast parsnips and butternut squash, carrots and broccoli.

Followed by a choise of hot chocolate fudge cake or sherry triffle.

I suspect there will be a drop of wine involved too  ;D ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:09:42 pm »
We are having a roast duck with orange and plum wine sauce. Roast leeks and potatoes, carrots and brocolli. Have kept it fairly simple as I was back in my bed by 10am feeling really poorly, slept till midday, can't wait to get back to sleep now!
There's a supermarket cheesecake for pud and vegetarian hubby will have a veggie pie instead of duck.
I will admit to a small glass of merlot though  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 05:22:13 pm »
Home made bread (stodgy type) cheese spread and beetroot sandwich followed by a hot cross bun.......my hubby is working so no cooked lunch today :( I try to avoid bread but its difficult )

Bloomer a lot were at the local church today..the minister is very nice too....not a church goer any more but when we lived in Leicestershire we  used to go up a beacon hill and celebrate with an open ceremony, that was nice!!!

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 05:42:52 pm »
Turkey all frends round ,helping with the start off lambing and yes it is a special time always turkey christmas and easter and all sons and dauters helping.

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 05:45:07 pm »
Veggie sausages, facon, eggs and new bead :yum:
even tastier cos my lovely husband cooked it :love:
Will be proper vegetables for tea, with some tofu or something ;D
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 05:48:16 pm »
I know who the fussy person is  ;)  My family are off on their hollybobs(They had a special service on Thursday but I can never remember the names)  so just me - fish for tea, but might spoil myself with a wee droppie of pink wine that I got as a gift, after I've had some raspberry ripple ice cream and a few mini meringues..  Dogs, chooks and dooks to be fed first though.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 05:59:03 pm »

Celebrating spring with our late lunch, which is almost identical with yours, bloomer!  :yum:
We hardly ever have lamb now as it's so expensive, so it's a really nice treat.
Hermann cake with almonds and custard for desert and if I'm lucky the kids might throw in a wee chocolate egg ;D

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 06:34:07 pm »
The lamb was a treat as it was on offer in tesco

yes im sorry i admit it but i haven't got a lamb supplier sorted yet up here!!!

we ended up having diy mini pavlova's and despite the nice fresh coulis i had made the adults ended up using baileys as the sauce on theirs, I now feel very fat!!!

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 06:44:49 pm »
Roast turkey, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, sprouts, carrots, pigs in blankets, bread sauce and cranberry sauce, stuffing and gravy.....followed by indigestion no doubt, but worth it. No room for pudding, although I do have a Christmas pud left over in the cupboard.

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 06:51:15 pm »
Droooooooooooooooling  must stop reading these!!!

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 07:41:38 pm »
yes im sorry i admit it but i haven't got a lamb supplier sorted yet up here!!!

We can discuss that on Friday if you like.  ;) ;D

LouiseG

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Appleby-in-Westmorland
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 09:56:55 pm »
Roast lamb (home grown), roast potatoes , roast parsnips, carrots, brocoli, sprouts and cabbage and yummy gravy which was leftover from New Years Day special lunch and I froze in portions (I think I will have to make some more soon as we're getting down the stocks, and it is very easy to just grab out of the freezer and reheat). Didn't make a pudding so had posh ice cream and shared the teenagers chocolates. No alcohol but not sure why not. Any way all very nice just 4 of us. (OH, 20 year old back from Uni and 17 year old back from 4 week block release at college)
Hope everyone enjoyed their meals as much as us x
So many ideas, not enough hours

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 11:37:10 pm »
There was a shared lunch at church today after the service.  There is always tons to eat so I never cook afterwards.  I personally had lots of salad, baked potato, cheeses, hard boiled eggs and ham but there was also loads of the stuff I can't eat - sandwiches, pizza, quiche and loads of cakes.

Tonight we had homemade beetroot soup with sandwiches, followed by damsons and custard.   :yum:

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 06:34:44 am »
Gabi  ( the  missus ) is fromMunich so she allways does a trditional German breakfast feast that consists of
a slice of Brioch , buttered, with a slice of ham spread with horseraddish sauce , then a slice of green apple ,then a slice of cheese , then sliced boild egg on top, cut this into bite size pieces . you might think it a strange taste combo, but it works.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS