Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New cows and calves come in 10 days and tractor towing rules help please  (Read 3137 times)

mikethesmallholder

• Joined Mar 2012
I am very grateful to those who helped me in my last post,

I am happy to say i have been up and looked at two pedigree hereford cows which have just calved this week and decided to buy them. They are getting TB Tested on the 16th April. these will be my first cows on the farm so cant wait to get them to the farm and get them grazing with the sheep.

one problem I am only 23 so i would have to do my trailer test to tow our cattle trailer with my pickup. just confirming if i drive our tractor, towing the trailer this is legal right? any help with this or documentation would be brill

Mike

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
No idea about the towing but congratulations on your new cattle  :thumbsup:

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
I know my friend is 21 and he isn't allowed to tow a trailer on his car, but is allowed to haul the muck for spreading along public roads with the tractor. So I 'think' you would be allowed, but am not promising!
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

robert waddell

you can pass your test at 16 for the tractor then haul the legal maximum gross weight which is 24.5 tons but you cannot pull a trailer with a car until you have sat an additional test it seams daft but i know somebody that does the driving lessons for the trailer i will ask him :farmer:

mikethesmallholder

• Joined Mar 2012
Thank you for your help, it looks like i will be using the tractor with the trailer

robert waddell

friend has just replied yes you can tow up to the legal maximum at 16 if you have pasted your test (driving)for a tractor  they DO NOT NEED TO SIT AN ADDITIONAL TEST FOR TRAILOR TOWING    you only sit a test for towing of class b  vehicles :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS