Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who initiates the eAML  (Read 7390 times)

Zara

• Joined May 2011
Who initiates the eAML
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:18:35 pm »
Hi everyone
My weaners are going on Thursday. The buyers are coming to collect them...Who needs to prepare the AML online? I think it  is the buyer as they will be collecting them. But I would like to be sure!
As always
Thanks

robert waddell

Re: Who initiates the eAML
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:26:44 pm »
no it is you the seller :farmer:

Zara

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 07:32:14 pm »
I obviously assumed wrong. I am  glad I checked and many thanks for your reply!

Horse & Farm

• Joined Dec 2011
  • North Cumbria
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 08:03:03 pm »
Try and make sure they have registered on the AML system as i had a problem on sunday, my buyers hadn't registered on the system.

"A good farmer is nothing more nor less than a handy man with a sense of humus"

rockstar

• Joined Jan 2012
  • powys
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 09:05:03 pm »
hi robert waddell can you help please. i am buying 2 gos weaners in may is it correct that i only need to give seller my holding number or do i need a stock/pig number,i am going to fatten them up for pork.

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 09:17:08 pm »
in Scotland you need to give all relevant information including your herd number :farmer:

rockstar

• Joined Jan 2012
  • powys
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 09:22:20 pm »
thanks robert does same thing apply in wales

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 10:07:08 pm »
Yes, you still need to give your herd number.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 01:37:43 pm »
For England & Wales (and probably Scotland as well)

1. Agree that buyers should register in the system first, whilst technically the seller can register them , this has created issues in tying up previosuly, and I don't trust the database to match it all up.

2. The buyer needs to give the seller two bits of info for them to find them in the system.  However the system doesn't seem to always find them, so we are asking for address, postcode, holding no, herd no. from our customers.

www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

BadgerFace

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Sussex
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 01:57:23 pm »
Anyone tried to move on a temporary mark. I've looked for somewhere to enter "blue spot between shoulders" or similar, but system keeps asking for slap mark no.  ???
Breeder of Pedigree Torddu Badger Face Welsh Mountain Sheep & Anglo Nubian Goats

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 02:08:46 pm »
thanks robert does same thing apply in wales

We live in Wales and bought two weaners on Sunday from Wales. .

We were registered on the system but did it ages ago and hadn't quite finished all the details.... so I did that as soon as I got home.

Anyway - the seller initiated the eAML and got a movement reference which is really KEY.

Then, once the piggies had moved off her premises and I had completed my registration, she completed her end and it came through to us and I just ticked the boxes to say when we received them, how many, how many DOA etc.

Pressed button. No probs. Helpline were really helpful but they were a bit snowed under at the beginning of the week.

All went through fine
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:10:35 pm by suziequeue »
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 02:16:49 pm »
Anyone tried to move on a temporary mark. I've looked for somewhere to enter "blue spot between shoulders" or similar, but system keeps asking for slap mark no.

The slapmark is just the herd number. So - on the eAML form the "Identification mark"  and the "slap mark" fields are our supplier's herd number even though the weaners haven't been marked with that mark..... they've just got dots sprayed on their bums.

When we move them to slaughter we will move them under our slap mark

I cna only speak from my experience though.....

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 02:24:58 pm »
Rockstar,
You were asking about pig herd number. I spoke to Animal Health in Carmarthen on the same subject yesterday.

You need a pig herd number before you get your pigs but if you haven't already got a herd number they won't give you a number until 1-2 weeks before your piggies are due.

Apparently for a sheep flock number you can't register these until the sheep are on your land. 

Wouldn't it be easier if they used the same rules?.

If you want to phone AH to discuss their number is 01267 245400
The person I spoke to was Hefina Evans.

Hope this helps
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 03:08:12 pm »
Anyone tried to move on a temporary mark. I've looked for somewhere to enter "blue spot between shoulders" or similar, but system keeps asking for slap mark no.  ???
Just type it in
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 03:59:50 pm »
eAML are helpful - 0844 335 8400

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS