Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: male sheepdog puppy names?  (Read 29459 times)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Re: male sheepdog puppy names?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 03:39:55 pm »
We have Minty but he normally gets 'mint', he doesn't work the sheep but he works his ticket alot

montana

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 01:43:49 am »
Ours is called Tweed, named after his grand father. He was already named by the breeder and I'm superstitious about changing animals names. Lol

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 08:23:49 am »
Other half was a contract shepherd  :sheep: so we have had the odd collie. here are the names I can remember. Charlie, Rosie, Hanna, Meg, Oz, Toto( like the little dog in the wizard of Oz not the dress for a ballerina) Ben, six, seven ( the current one ;D). He wants to call the next one Cat  ::) That's only happening over my dead body!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 11:59:07 am »
Other half was a contract shepherd  :sheep: so we have had the odd collie. here are the names I can remember. Charlie, Rosie, Hanna, Meg, Oz, Toto( like the little dog in the wizard of Oz not the dress for a ballerina) Ben, six, seven ( the current one ;D). He wants to call the next one Cat  ::) That's only happening over my dead body!
Why not?  ;) You're called Bert  ::) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 02:49:04 pm »
He wants to call the next one Cat  ::) That's only happening over my dead body!
I have friends with a collie bitch they named Cat.  I just have to think of it as short for Catherine  ;) :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 05:34:28 pm »
Fair point ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 05:35:51 pm »
Fair point ;D
Bert is of course a stupendous name for a ram  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 07:41:10 am »
Hi sallyintNorth Bert is a good name for any animal :thumbsup:
He wants to call the next one Cat  ::) That's only happening over my dead body!
I have friends with a collie bitch they named Cat.  I just have to think of it as short for Catherine  ;) :D
This reminds me of a friend who named his dog HELP ;D (Not a collie, don't remember what breed help was). He is a farmer and he dose use his dog to gather sheep. So if you hear someone shouting help at the top of there voice in the middle of a field it might be him ;D Both completely mad but both lovely  :farmer:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 10:01:41 am »
Hi sallyintNorth Bert is a good name for any animal :thumbsup:

Well aye, but Bert Dog and Bert Goat don't quite have the same ring to them as Bert Ram, don't you think? :D

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 10:24:33 pm »
Meet Corrie....a very cheeky chap as you can see.
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 10:36:48 pm »
Wow his markings are lovely.
He looks like mischief   :D

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 02:03:52 am »
Definately got all the makings of a cheeky chappie there - lovely photo  :)
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 07:43:08 am »
Oh, he's lovely, my first dog as a child was a tricolour collie called Nemo, who looked just like Corrie  ;D

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2012, 11:10:28 am »
Oooo, don't you just want to cuddle him.  A nice, unusual nam too.

Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 01:46:32 pm »
Spot, Ben, Lilo, Zara and at the moment Kira who is here for a 2 week holiday  :dog: :dog: :thumbsup:
Nice short names

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS