Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: potato timing?  (Read 7717 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: potato timing?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 07:42:03 pm »
first ones in today, fingers crossed!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 08:22:55 am »
put the spuds in behind the peas cuz it is space that never gets used.

should clean the soil and be good for potting up next year  ;)
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 09:33:20 pm »
There is a last frost average date chart for USA and most of Europe on the internet . it is developed as zones and for lots of people is quite useful . Keep records though and see if you have a micro climate that changes things .

International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 09:39:36 pm »
There is a last frost average date chart for USA and most of Europe on the internet . it is developed as zones and for lots of people is quite useful . Keep records though and see if you have a micro climate that changes things .

they are planted under some larson pines, it has to get very cold to get them there!

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 07:06:13 pm »
as I've been under water for the last week, I am going to put the potatoes in over the next few days! 

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 08:51:06 pm »
got the first shoots up!

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 08:58:52 pm »
Got small spud sprouts here too  :thumbsup:

I buried them, because that's what you do, isn't it?

(This is Vegetable Growing brought to you by What Doesn't Kill Them Makes Them Tastier)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 01:28:40 pm »
got leaves in all the pots now, i am going to just let them go and see what happens

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 08:23:31 am »
My early spuds looked very healthy but 2 days ago we got a frost in the hollow part of the veg patch and it hit the spuds !! :(
I planted a main crop in my neighbours veg patch last week. Her son got the vintage tractor out and we planted 3 long lines so hopefully the will sprout soon and we will be frost free from now on.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 01:56:09 pm »
My early spuds looked very healthy but 2 days ago we got a frost in the hollow part of the veg patch and it hit the spuds !! :(
I planted a main crop in my neighbours veg patch last week. Her son got the vintage tractor out and we planted 3 long lines so hopefully the will sprout soon and we will be frost free from now on.

lets hope summer gets here then!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS