Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Forgotten Products  (Read 7535 times)

Mel

Re: Forgotten Products
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 08:29:37 am »
Puffa Puffa rice! I used to love this,I cannot even remember when they stopped making it!The best cereal by far :yum:

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 08:55:10 am »
Reckitt's blue bags? Burdall's gravy salt? Those great big bars of washing/household soap.(one was geen, one was whitish)

Mel

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 08:57:11 am »
That was a while ago,I can still smell that soap now  ;D

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 10:12:41 am »
Shepherd boy sunflower bars. I don't think they still make them; haven't seen them for a few years. I liked them because they had only very few ingredients - as far as I remember, it was sultanas, sunflower seeds and orange juice...

Sandy

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 11:18:00 am »
And those old perfumes some are making a come back, "Evening in Paris" in that little Blue bottle, then the good old "Old SPice" and "Brute"" As I teenager I absolutly loved Aqua Manda, it was in a Brown bottle (love brown) and smelt citrus!!!!

I also remember tights comming into fashion and buying them from Woolworths, american tan with pink pants attatched at the top, they kept falling down and ended up Norah Batty at the bottom.....

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 03:35:56 pm »

Creamola Foam especially the lemon one :P
Anne

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 03:55:43 pm »
Mansion floor and furniture polish.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 04:00:57 pm »
when i bruised or cut myself as a kid my grandma would rub horse liniment in, i dont know the brand. but it was awesome stuff. the only trouble was the smell, that plus tcp wasnt a good thing to be smelling of at my school.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 04:03:01 pm »
It was the turpentine and camphor that gave it it's distinctive smell ;D

deepinthewoods

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 04:08:01 pm »
now im thinking about it, it would be a bath with coal tar soap first, then injuries dressed with the above, wow, that explains alot .

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 04:11:29 pm »
Sandy,
I can recognise everything you are saying.  I used to buy american tan tights with the pink knickers too, either from Woolworths or Caters. For those that don't remember, Caters was a big supermarket that has long since bitten the dust.

I loved Aqua Manda too and used to have the foam bath.

There is a bottle of Brut here that I discovered when we packed for the move. I don't know if that means I am a hoarder or bang on fashion  ;D

Anyone remember jubbly's?  They were the pyramid shaped flavoured ice lollies.
Sally

Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 04:31:02 pm »
Now I feel old as I remember most of these things, mum used Tide washing powder, VIV for the bath, bread was either plain or pan and if plain my brothers and I would fight over the ends which had thick crusts.

Sandy

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 05:22:36 pm »
I was going to put Jubblies but not sure of the spelling!! 
Anyone remember jubbly's?  They were the pyramid shaped flavoured ice lollies.
Sally
It was nice to mush them up and suck the bottom bits!!! I would love to smell some Aqua manda again..in those days I was soooooo innocent and would ONLY kiss a boy, nothing else ,but my mum went mad as i had written "FREE LOVE" in that girly bubble writting on my text books...I had no idea...I was chatting to my hubby last night as we watched an old Top of the pops and all the groups I used to love had a similar look to how my now hubby used to look, hippy with long blond hair and some stuff on his face.....The Family, Jethro Tull, Yes,  forgot some of the others!!

I used to buy my Jewels at woolworth and pretend to be engaged  ::)...they also sold broken biscuits and mixed broken bits of chocolate..yummmmmmmm  COurse the Co Op divvy and Green shield stamps...we had a cafe and got a lot of stuff from "Fine Fayre" so had tons of stamps and got a lot for my first house!!! 

A lot of stuff changes names but similar..there was a thread on here about how tastes of things have changed, I bought some kit kats the other day and piggy that I am would have normaly eaten the lot BUT, they were horrid, just like the cheap nasty choc you would get from a market stall...not nice b ut thankfuly that put me off eating them all!!!!   

Food I liked then were things like Brains Frozen Fagoots, mum loved Vesta ready meals (not me) the good old fashioned dandelion and burdock and of course ginger beer!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS