Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: British Summertime begins  (Read 5907 times)

lill

• Joined May 2011
British Summertime begins
« on: March 24, 2012, 06:26:59 pm »
Remember and put your clocks forward 2 hours tonight, this year the government are experimenting with the time change, to have the same time scale for farmers as they had in the war years, yes yes I know we are not in the war years but we farmers need all the light we can get to enable us to get more work done before darkness falls (the government must think we are lazy ba....ds, and there not, they get loads of dosh for doing nowt). If this is a success then this will be the way forward for many years to come and when it's time for the clocks to get changed back, they only go back 1 hour.
Yes I am puzzled as to why they want me to loose 2 hours sleep, 1 hour is bad enough.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: British Summertime begins
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 06:33:12 pm »
where do you get 2hrs from the government site says 1 as always

llamakevin

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Bideford, North Devon
    • Ashwood Llamas
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 06:40:50 pm »
April 1st?
 ???
@llamakevin based in North Devon - have you found us on facebook yet?

https://www.facebook.com/Ashwoodllamas

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 06:42:58 pm »
Hi David, do you believe everything the government says, they tell untruths and we are to believe them. They say they do this that and the other for us, huh I'm still waiting for them to do someting for me.

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 06:45:12 pm »
think it's the 24th March today.

Bangbang

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 06:48:32 pm »
Ah! but do you know the year?  ;D

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 06:51:26 pm »
I'm afraid - as usual - I shall just wake up when I wake up and see what time the computer says!! then take it from there
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 07:17:36 pm »
the year is 2012 if you asked me the same question last month I would have told you it was 2011 getting older does not come itself unfortunately

HappyHippy

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 07:54:00 pm »
Whether it's one or two hours I don't know  :-\ (I'll go with what the telly says in the morning  :D) but I do know it's definately feeling more like spring  ;D
Daffodils flowering, birds building nests, saw my first lamb of the year today (down at Palacerigg  :thumbsup:) sun shining and able to go out without the big coat  ;)
Yup, summer is definately on the way  8) :thumbsup:
Karen  :wave:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 08:12:33 pm »
I'm afraid - as usual - I shall just wake up when I wake up and see what time the computer says!! then take it from there
Me too!  :thumbsup:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 08:15:26 pm »
For the last week or so, my cat Tabitha has been howling outside our bedroom door at about 7.30 every morning. At least when she does it tomorrow, it will be 8.30, and not such a bad time to get up.
I know that 7.30 doesnt sound particularly early to most, but we watch UK tv which is an hour behind us over here in France, so we hardly ever go to bed before midnight. Then I always read for at least 30mins so by the time I close my little peepers, its very late!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 09:50:39 pm »
For the last week or so, my cat Tabitha has been howling outside our bedroom door at about 7.30 every morning. At least when she does it tomorrow, it will be 8.30, and not such a bad time to get up.

aah, but can Tabitha tell the time? ;)
Little Blue

Sandy

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 09:55:11 pm »
I have been waking up (not getting up though) just before my husbands alarm goes off, 5.30am and I am up at 6,30am soooooo as tomorrow I do not have to get up I will see.......hate getting up anyway!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 10:48:04 pm »
I don't like the idea of having an hour's less sleep so my alarm will not be set.  The dogs will let me know when it's time to let them out. ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bangbang

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 10:50:55 pm »
When nature calls the world awakes!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS