Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Intro from Oz  (Read 6299 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Intro from Oz
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 02:13:07 am »
Welcome from north Cumbria in England  :wave:  also with family in Oz (as MGWM says, most of us do!)

Looking forward to hearing how you get on  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 01:24:07 pm »
Hello, I have a brother in Melbourne (Lilydale) and visited a couple of years ago. I was amazed at what was grown with sparse rainfall and the produce at Victoria market has to be seen to be believed! However, 4 weeks was enough for me, too big, too foreign, too far from home :)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 07:57:16 pm »
hi there  :wave: my lady is from Brisbane, she keeps telling me how cold it is here lol!  :D
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Sharnoak

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Blampied, Victoria, Australia
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 09:04:46 pm »
Hello, I have a brother in Melbourne (Lilydale) and visited a couple of years ago. I was amazed at what was grown with sparse rainfall and the produce at Victoria market has to be seen to be believed! However, 4 weeks was enough for me, too big, too foreign, too far from home :)

Oh you wouldn't say sparse rainfall at he moment! There have been record floods, and parts of Victoria and NSW have been declared disaster areas. You must have visited during the drought Sylvia, which has now officially been declared over. Big? Oh HUGE ;) Have driven almost the length of the east coast a couple of times, Cairns to Victoria-3380kms in 3 days. Rather tiring really!

Mel

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 06:44:05 pm »
Hello from Northants,we wish you well ;D :wave:

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 08:31:58 am »
Hi from Aberdeenshire - I'm still quite new here myself...

Your posts are bringing back memories of a wonderful 8 months back in 1984/85, when I was in Victoria on an agricultural exchange... (Yes, I am that old - frightening!)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS