Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: combined tipping and livestock trailer?  (Read 2412 times)

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
combined tipping and livestock trailer?
« on: March 19, 2012, 11:52:35 am »
Is it feasible and if so where to look?  We need a tipping trailer and will eventually need a small livestock trailer  (I could use the horse trailer to go to market/abattoir, but a) I will look like a nob and b) I will look like an even bigger nob when I struggle to reverse it).

Apart from the cost of 2 purchases (and second hand prices aren't much lower when you exclude the VAT, I've been looking 6 mths now) we have enough metal on the driveway.  Any suggestions or practicalities I need to think of?  The trailer will be used behind compact tractor and the car.
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: combined tipping and livestock trailer?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:18:24 pm »
I don't know if such a thing exists, but the rules and regulations governing livestock trailers are now very strict and precise, so may preclude combining the two functions.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 09:03:45 pm »
I believe Ifor Williams and Graham Edwards do flatbed trailers that the floors tip by way of a hand operated hydraulic ram, that can also have a stockbox bolted onto the floor.

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:41:40 am »
ifor Williams do do a tipping trailer  it could be modified to put a box on it but from memory the center of gravity would be a bit high     the newer versions have an electric hydraulic motor and are rarer than a p6 and very expensive :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS