Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice on my poultry book  (Read 19895 times)

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: Advice on my poultry book
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2012, 09:52:50 am »
Hi Chris,
           from your previous posts I would agree that you certainly are a chicken whisperer and the more of us there are the merrier! 
            Thanks for visiting my Chicken wisperer blog . I plan to up load a few more articles this week and start a regular feature on training chickens next week. I plan to start breeding large croads next year and will be incubating the eggs in Jan. I was intruiged and inspired by your observations on your chicks forming into flocks and thought it might be interesting to record my chicks development.
    I have just been sent the page layout designs to proof and a couple of front cover mock ups so everything is under way for a launch in Jan. I will hopefully be sending e-flyers out in Dec to all those who have expressed an interest in the book. I will contact you before I sign the personal copies to finalise details.
             Do feel free to comment on my blogs as I would love to hear about your chicken observations.
Keep Whispering!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2012, 10:15:24 am »
Buffy, if you put your blog URL under your posts we can all visit!  :&>

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2012, 12:01:54 pm »
Aw NorthFife,

you 're are such a clever little duckling! :eyelashes: the address is www.thechickenwisperer.co.uk but I will stop writing blogs for a moment and update my profile as you suggest. ;)
 I plan to add some more photos and blogs this week including a guide to dealing with broody hens and an update on Eileen the poorly hen so there should be more to read about over the coming days. I have almost finished the 10 secrets to training your chickens and will upload those about once every two or three weeks.
Rosemary has kindly offered to review the book when it comes out ( gulp! no pressure there then :-\  ) so I'm hoping that she gives it a thumbs up :thumbsup:
Thanks again to all of you for your support :hug:

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2012, 09:18:25 am »
nice blog, BuffySue  ;D . OH noticed that you are following us on his  :wave: :&>

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 04:56:31 pm »
Hi little Duckling,
                           I'm glad you enjoyed my blog. I really enjoyed your blog too. the books that you feature are so unusual and I love the photos of the sky and the clouds. My sister moved to Fife in August and I havent yet managed to get my act together and visit. Your photos make me feel a little more familier with a place I've never been.
     Have you read Gavin Pretor- Pinneys book the cloud spotters guide? Might be a good stocking filler for OH?

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 05:05:21 pm »
Great tip, will have a look! :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS